Barry Bannan

villianusa

Thought he was man of the match today. Was unlucky not to score, great save by Guzan.

You're kidding me. He's okay, but nothing more. Limited player.

Jedinak for me was the standout player.

• Like 2

Thought he was man of the match today. Was unlucky not to score, great save by Guzan.

Without coming across all Con, Bannan had a really good game, even his corners seem to have improved, some lovely one touch play and some excellent through balls then the shot off the post.

Without coming across all Con, Bannan had a really good game, even his corners seem to have improved, some lovely one touch play and some excellent through balls then the shot off the post.

His corners have always been good. The floaty corners is Lamberts idea, not Bannan's.

• Like 2

Excellent through balls? He overplayed his through balls all the time.

A b!tch called karma, eh. Con has been right along. 

But don't worry those who chased him out, you are in a majority with fans that don't understand the game. 

tumblr_lz4tjd10E31rogl95o1_500.gif

Jedinak was class yesterday. Exactly what we need.

• Like 1

Without Westwood we have no creativity.

With Westwood we lost the previous 3 games, so not much difference

True but yesterday we were playing a rubbish team and we may have had a little more guile with him in it.  To be honest Westwood though is average at best but neither Delph or KEA are very good at passing.

It tells you all you need to know that even Tony Pulis can get more out of Bannan then Lambert. Lambert tried to play him as some sort of regista and never tried him elsewhere. He really is useless...

• Like 1

Jedinak was a country mile better than any other player on the pitch on Thursday. He isn't pretty to watch but he is very effective. The complete opposite of Bannan actually, who is pretty to watch and very ineffective... by all means a "Match of the Day" player and anyone who thought he did well against us is basing their opinions on a single clip from MotD and not his all round game, which was once again poor.

We need a Jedinak in our team... it is very clearly what we are missing - some steal and leadership in the middle of the pitch.

• Like 1

It tells you all you need to know that even Tony Pulis can get more out of Bannan then Lambert. Lambert tried to play him as some sort of regista and never tried him elsewhere. He really is useless...

I don't think Lambert is useless but I'm wondering about the sense in selling our most creative midfield player and getting no replacement in! He's no leader but he has a great first touch and can see a pass.

I don't think Lambert is useless but I'm wondering about the sense in selling our most creative midfield player and getting no replacement in! He's no leader but he has a great first touch and can see a pass.

One assist last season, and 3 in his whole career is hardly our most creative player. He can see a pass, but can never pull it off which is why he is so frustrating. Granted though it is incredibly obvious that we need a creative midfielder. I thought Bacuna was going to be this player but with him being played at right back it obviously isn't.

Keeping Bannan was never an option for Villa. He simply isn't Premier League quality let alone Villa quality.

Edit: Westwood got 6 assists last season and more goals. Even Sylla got more assists even though he hardly played at all and when he did he didn't take any of our free kicks, unlike Bannan. Lowton got more assists (and goals) even though he played in defense.

It is a myth that Bannan is a creative player just because creativity is his strongest attribute!

Edited by AstonMartin82