Where do you think we will finish this season?

VillaN.I

Where do you think we will finish this season?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish this season?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th or below

We are not losing ground on the field. - keep getting closer to the top 4 so were gaining ground.

We are losing ground off the field, which is down to Mr Lerner Im afraid. Hes just not rich enough

Nonsense. MON has spent a lot of money in his time here.

Look at 2 of our squad players who never get a look in - NRC and Davies, they both cost close to 20 million dollars.

He's been given cash.

Hasn't spent it well.

Spurs/Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal - all spent money on players who dont get a look in

And there players who get a look in 9/10 cost a lot more than our players did and/or earn a lot more money than our players do.

We have two signings just over £10million.

Man City/Tottenham pretty much have a 1st XI that all cost over £10million

They actually manage to sell their's though, sometimes to us.

The following were players who played in a lot of Spurs' games last season, who all cost less than £10m.

Assou-Ekotto - £3.5m

Bassong - £8m

Corluka - £8.5m

Gomes - £7.8m

Huddlestone - £2.5m

Lennon - £1m

King - £nil

Crouch - £9m

Dawson - £4m

Kranjcar - £2.5m

The following were players who played in a lot of Spurs' games last season, who all cost less than £10m.

Assou-Ekotto - £3.5m

Bassong - £8m

Corluka - £8.5m

Gomes - £7.8m

Huddlestone - £2.5m

Lennon - £1m

King - £nil

Crouch - £9m

Dawson - £4m

Kranjcar - £2.5m

ok

Defoe - 16million

Palacios - 14million

Bale - 10million

Pavlyuchenko - 14.7million

Bentley - 17million

Think Keane came back for about 13/14 million

Modric - 16million

Before that they had bent at about 16million (I think)

Berbatov - 11 million

Rebrov 11 million

Jesus they were spending 8million in 2001 on Dean richards

4 of the players you mentioned are close to 10million as well.

And we have

Downing/Milner 12million

ash/Angel - 9million

Petrov/Reo-coker/Davies/Cueller/Warnock - all around 8million

Then the rest are between 3 - 6/7

Big Big difference

Our team isn't good enough to finish 4th, but I agree that MON is being found out. We only have 1 tactic and we don't even have the players to use that effectively.

We are desperately calling out for more energy and quality on the ball in central midfield - Petrov is too slow and breaks our momentum down. He just seems to cut back and get fouled. Okay, we get free kicks, but they are in and around the centre circle and we just lob them up into the box.

We also need a forward to support Gabby...someone with a bit of creativity and guile. Someone like Keane in his pomp (he's past it now).

I have a horrible feeling we could finish bottom half this year - can see a lot of the players becoming disillusioned and any new signings not cutting the mustard. If we lose Milner and don't get Ireland and/or Michael Johnson, mid table might be the best we can hope for.

We're a couple of class full backs and a class striker or midfielder short of being genuine 4th place contenders. As it stands, 6th or 7th. That view might change, I'll see who comes and goes in the window.

Edit - Just to add, it's MON who's got us to this point. Could be a little bit more entertaining but all in all, not a bad job at all. Guess it makes it all the more strange that I have that voice in the back of my head saying MON's tactics are too antiquated to take us any higher....

I think 7th, but that may change depending on what signings we make.

We could still crack the Top 4, but we would be reliant on a much better Home Form this season, and the purchase of 3-4 quality players that improve the First team, not just the squad.

We'll get some players in. I have no doubt. City will also be paying at least £24m, hopefully that is with Ireland involved. Cracking bit of business. Just sorry that Milner wouldn't have the decency to sort this out sooner, rather he's been off sunning himself, whilst us fans have been in two minds about what is going on.

Also his sneakiness in trying to turn this situation around on MON shows exactly that he isn't the person we thought. word removed.

Our players have the talent to finish 4th, but our manager is not good enough to get them there. MON has hit his limit.

What, the guy who bought the players?

You have to use the players you bought correctly.

Oh and how have our players got the talent to finish 4th?

Do you even look at other teams?

Man United, Chelsea OBVIOUSLY better than our 11.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, Totenham all clearly better than our best team too. :?

Our players have the talent to finish 4th, but our manager is not good enough to get them there. MON has hit his limit.

What, the guy who bought the players?

You have to use the players you bought correctly.

Oh and how have our players got the talent to finish 4th?

Do you even look at other teams?

Man United, Chelsea OBVIOUSLY better than our 11.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, Totenham all clearly better than our best team too. :?

Clearly better? Don't think so. Other than a top clash finisher I think we are on par with the second group of teams you listed. Which one of our top 11 players has absolutely NO SHOT of cracking the starting lineup of those other sides?

So I'll give MON credit for assembling a decent side (though it seems as many of us have more faith in the players he has bought than he does), but his tactics are not good enough to take us beyond where we are. And I don't just mean league position, but also the overall quality of our play.