How Many New Signings? (Merged)

maqroll

How Many New Signings This Summer?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How Many New Signings This Summer?

• None

I'd say 4.

Goalscorer is the number 1 priority and cannot be neglected any longer.

Creative midfielder is also an essential to help us break teams down more effectively.

I'd like to see us bringing in a holding midfielder aswell / box-to-box who can just break things up for us and do the simple things.

Im not that fussed about more fullbacks, as we've got ones we don't play and I think Cuellar did well last season. I'd be more interested in looking at a goalkeeper or another wide player or target man to give a bit variety.

Squad players (who are allowed to play) would also be welcome unless they come with massive wages i.e. Beye.

I have been on holiday since Sunday 4th July with no access to VillaTalk up to now but it seems that very little has happened since. Looking on Newsnow, the links are with the same players and the Milner go/no go to citeh. It seems to me that until the Milner situation is resolved we are treading water. The quality we can afford and the postions needed is so dependant. I would expect 3 players and maybe a couple more if Milner goes. Back to the sun!!!!

Probably 4

Centre Mid if/when Milner leaves (even if he doesn't we'll still need at least 1)

Right back assuming Luke young is going

Striker (although just selling Heskey would feel like a new signing)

Probably another centre mid. If Milner stays we probably won't need this signing

Depends on who leaves though. if Curtis Davies leaves I'd expect us to buy a new CB, unless Clark is making the step up.

I wouldnt rule out another winger, although I'd like to see Albrighton given his chance.

Possibly another keeper? Either 3rd choice or someone to replace big brad and compete with little brad?

Right Back

Holding Midfielder

Milner Replacement (99% sure he is off)

AND A STRIKER PLEASE A STRIKER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD A STRIKER !

( A GOOD ONE OBVIOUSLY )

That's a little bit extreme Maradona10.

You've got to love the hysterics the summer transfer window creates, depsite there not having been a major Premier League transfer yet (maybe apart from Benayoun which was lined up before the end of last season anyway), Joe Cole not having even made his mind up yet where he wants to play, players still returning from holidays/world cup etc...despite all this we still have to panic don't we?

It's mental.

I said 4 also but the question should be what do we need to get 4th spot. That is a lot more difficult to answer as 4 players means nothing if they never play or are not pushing the 1st team for a place. We have kids coming through and have also invested in youth so what we buy must be of the quality to be considered straight away for the 1st 11 on the first day of the Prem. Difficult task but achievable I believe if we do a bit of clever trading, players + cash or even swaps should be considered.

I think 2.

I think Milner will stay for another season as City will baulk at our price.

McGeady & Keane for me, although I'm not a fan of either.

I think we will make more use of the up and coming talent such as Delfouneso and Albrighton, which is a good thing imo.

Anything other than that would depend upon who we can get shut of and will be on a 1 out, 1 in like for like replacement.

Not including any kids we may pick up for the academy.

I think we need 5:

- right back: although I would love a U-turn on Young but I can't see this. I really hope we don't go into the new season with Carlos and no cover at a minimum

- right wing: I would love to see Bentley or N'Zogbia coming in to compete/rotate/offer a bench option with Ash and DJ

- striker: Doyle for me.

- left back cover: not sure who

- CM cover: one of Dorrans/O'Hara/Prince Boateng to replace Sidwell and Gardner, particularly with Delph out until X-mas

This assumes Sidwell, Heskey, Shorey, Beye, Young (?) and Davies move on with Gardner obviously having gone pre-season. Would give a net spend of circa £20m. Consistent with previous years and matching FXPro cash?

If Milner goes then we would need a replacement for him and I would guess everyone's favourite would be Ireland, although I would also want Hart and Onahua (to fill the right back slot). That would give 7 new signings.

• 4 weeks later...
Â