Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

It's always dissapointing when a player leaves, it's quite clear Downing hasn't left on great terms with the fans or the club. I don't expect loyity in football anymore, but I do think he maybe owed us another season.

You can tell by the players who have left that there is a right way and a wrong way to leave a club, that's why Milner and Young will be welcomed back and Barry and Downing won't. And the first 2 are also bugger losses.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the brief interview when Young just signed for man u I remember him thanking the fans for their support and said he had some great years here. Was an interview from mutv.

In the brief interview when Young just signed for man u I remember him thanking the fans for their support and said he had some great years here. Was an interview from mutv.

That's the one.

As much as Young stalling all last season on a new contract annoyed me at least he had the decency to admit early on that he was unsure about his future. I really didn't realise how much of a slimy prick Downing was.

Stewart Downing - The First Interview

No mention of Villa or the Villa fans...

Absolute tosser.

Barry, Milner and even Young (quite a lot) mentioned us.

What did Young say? And where? I've not seen anything and was cursing him for it.

Yeah of course, I'm gonna miss Aston Villa. The fans, the manager and all the staff were fantastic you know and helped me along...

MUTV Interview

He'll get a horrible reception when he returns to Villa Park.

In a away I'm happy with the transfer because we get 20m for a player that doesn't want to play for us but the way he's treated us is pathetic.

Maybe a little OT but I'm getting very disillusioned with football now, I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I find it really hard to accept players being paid upwards of 200k a week while millions of other people are starving, struggling with bills, depression etc. Worst of all, most of these players have the cheek to demand and force through transfers whimsically, despite the fact that their already extremely generous contracts legally tie them to their respective clubs.

He owed us big time, sat on the bench soaking up wages, had a very very poor half season (not getting a league assist?) then has a average season in a poor squad and thinks he's better than Aston Villa.

Â