Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ahead of them regards training facilities, ground, stadium etc.

Anfield is in dire need of upgrading.

Bodymoor Heath is one of the best training grounds in the world.

Our corporate facilities, location to BHX International airport etc are top drawer.

No offense, but two of the three key factors you cite - ground and stadium - are the same thing.

And I look forward to day we sign a player and he cites our corporate facilities as a reason for choosing us over Liverpool, who were also reportedly interested but couldn't get the fax machine to transmit an offer in time due to their aging facilities.

I believe John Lennon Airport also now offers international flights so players new to the area needn't worry about booking their holidays.

To add to that, training facilities, what do you know about Liverpool's training facilities? I know they were completely upgraded about ten years ago by guess who? Gerard Houllier and they haven't stood still either, still considered to be one of the best training facilities in europe. Ours may be marginally better but then again ours houses our academy too, theirs doesn't

Any I really don't think players go, oh that grounds a bit run down, I'm not going there. They may however consider Anfield to be a rather famous ground and that in iteslf is an attraction

EDIT: and you do realise as airports go that BHX is actually shit, its on a par with John Lennon (spit) Airport in LIverpool, though just up the road is Britain's busiest non London Airport, Manchester and you really can fly to anywhere from there.

You're deluded if you cant see that Liverpool are a more attractive club than us.

Without delving into the past of either club..

How are Liverpool a better attraction than Aston Villa? (other than our recent piss poor appointment of a manager?)

You honestly believe we are even close to being as attractive as Liverpool are?

They are a global brand, huge, massive, known world wide!

Our corporate facilities, location to BHX International airport etc are top drawer.

Aston Villa is all set.. We just need the right manager to take us forward..All the facilities,ground, backing are top class.

Liverpool have gone backwards and need to re-invest in their ground, facilities etc to bring them into the modern era. They strive on past successes. And at this present time are not a better attraction to a player than Aston Villa(other than our piss poor managerial appoinment)..Downing was willing to sign a new contract under Houllier.

You have some very strange views mate.

How are Liverpool a better attraction than Aston Villa? (other than our recent piss poor appointment of a manager?)

They have better players and pay far bigger wages. Anyone who thinks we're on a level playing field with them is absolutely delusional. And it looks like Stewart Downing doesnt agree with you either.

Okay so no past.

Present:

Where did Liverpool finish the season?

Who's team would you rather have?

If you gave anyone outside of the UK - 20 seconds to name PL clubs... who do you think they pick first?

Liverpool are better at the moment, no denying; and their past is better than nearly all PL clubs (except Man Utd).

If you're not WUMing than you need to go to hospital.

You're deluded if you cant see that Liverpool are a more attractive club than us.

Aston Villa is all set.. We just need the right manager to take us forward..All the facilities,ground, backing are top class.

Liverpool have gone backwards and need to re-invest in their ground, facilities etc to bring them into the modern era. They strive on past successes. And at this present time are not a better attraction to a player than Aston Villa(other than our piss poor managerial appoinment)..Downing was willing to sign a new contract under Houllier.

You're talking about Anfield......along with Camp Nou and the San Siro, probably one of the most iconic football grounds in the world?

By that argument, you're also saying that MK Dons are ahead of Liverpool as they have a nice new shiny stadium.

You're talking about Anfield......along with Camp Nou and the San Siro, probably one of the most iconic football grounds in the world?

By that argument, you're also saying that MK Dons are ahead of Liverpool as they have a nice new shiny stadium.

I can't stand Liverpool but they are clearly a much much bigger draw to 99% of players than Villa are at the moment (and at almost any time to be honest).

Liverpool fans who claim to be ITK are backing down on this and are not so confident that this is a done deal. Villa will only sell at right price.

Let's hope so.

We need to play hardball with both Liverpool and Downing.

To Liverpool - match our price or get lost. No negotiation.

Downing - Unless Liverpool match our price, you're staying put. You signed a four-year contract, which has 2 years left to run.

If ain't this year, it will be the next.

Yep. Be nice to go one summer without selling one of our best players, not sure it will ever happen though.

We're simply a stepping stone for players to push onto the Champions League as we cant afford to get there ourselves.

Cant say i really blame players for being ambitious, as a fan I just want to see some loyalty, but I guess the reality is there isnt any.

Yep. Be nice to go one summer without selling one of our best players, not sure it will ever happen though.

We're simply a stepping stone for players to push onto the Champions League as we cant afford to get there ourselves.

Cant say i really blame players for being ambitious, as a fan I just want to see some loyalty, but I guess the reality is there isnt any.

Loyalty to what? If he hadn't performed, we'd be screaming for his head. Look at Beye.

How much 'loyalty' did WE show Sidwell, Davies, Carew etc? If you play shit, you get dumped. And I would not expect it any other way. You could argue that Beye is being VERY loyal to Aston Villa FC, you don't see anyone comment about what a pro he is! I mean, he hasn't argued about his contract at all!!

Football clubs, and fans, are shockingly hypocritical when they speak about loyalty.

Truth of the matter is that we should not expect loyalty. We can expect people to be honourable (i.e. we pay you to do a job, you do it to the best of your ability at all times) - but loyalty is completey the wrong term.

So long as he doesn't refuse to honour his contract, continues to try his hardest for us, doesn't suck scouse cock in public, and we get suitable compensation for any early termination of his contract with us, I couldn't care less if his loyalties lay with Colonel Gadaffi.

Loyalty to what? If he hadn't performed, we'd be screaming for his head. Look at Beye.

How much 'loyalty' did WE show Sidwell, Davies, Carew etc? If you play shit, you get dumped. And I would not expect it any other way. You could argue that Beye is being VERY loyal to Aston Villa FC, you don't see anyone comment about what a pro he is! I mean, he hasn't argued about his contract at all!!

Football clubs, and fans, are shockingly hypocritical when they speak about loyalty.

Truth of the matter is that we should not expect loyalty. We can expect people to be honourable (i.e. we pay you to do a job, you do it to the best of your ability at all times) - but loyalty is completey the wrong term.

So long as he doesn't refuse to honour his contract, continues to try his hardest for us, doesn't suck scouse cock in public, and we get suitable compensation for any early termination of his contract with us, I couldn't care less if his loyalties lay with Colonel Gadaffi.

Great post. Agree entirely. Footballers are professionals, and if they want to further and advance their career, we shouldn't hold it against them.

Funny you should say that. I was speaking to someone off twitter who knows Downing and said LFC is his dream club, his twitter is:

http://twitter.com/#!/intheknow99

Check his tweets with Tim_LFC8 (which is me btw)

Actually I'll add them myself..

@Tim_LFC8 It was all a front for the press. I heard from the man himself that he wants to go to Liverpool. Feels badly treated by Houllier.

Spoke to my guy re:Downing, he still wants to go, sees #Liverpool as a dream club, and Dalglish is a big fan.

@Tim_LFC8 This is what I heard (from Downing himself, genuinely, will take a few tweets) In January, Chelsea and Liverpool bid for him...

@Tim_LFC8 Houllier rejected both, and didn't tell Downing. Last month, Downing learnt that they made bids, and was angry he wasn't told...

@Tim_LFC8 then Dalglish got in touch with Downing just before he agreed to become permanent manager, and said he wants him as his first...

@Tim_LFC8 signing, and to refuse to sign any contract. Downing has told Villa he wants to go. This is the point we are up to

Â