Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

The thing that really pisses me off is the way that Villa will have nothing to spend on attack as McLeish is apparently happy with selling Young & Downing and we only need a GK & a defender. **** that no manager in their right mind would sell Young & Downing and not replace either.
Let's wait and see. Houllier said we weren't in for a striker in January and we all know how that went.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't sell him for £.20 m. He has two years left.... two seasons. **** him, we don't need the money. Tell him he's not going offer him a new contract and let him know we are prepared to let him see his contract out. Who knows what will happen in that time.

You can't roll over every time and have your tummy tickled, sometimes we should bare our teeth. People will say well his heart won't be in it and he won't play well. Well as a professional player that would reflect badly on him, and let's see him make England squads if he's not playing well enough to start for us.

It's 2 years FFS. He's not about to run out of contract.

In 2 years time he will be 29, not many players get big contracts at that age, and he carries the risk of running down his contract I.e no increase in salary.and the risk that you get injured in the final year of your contract you may not get another anywhere, just look at Ashton.

Let's grow some balls and use the advantages we have.

I wouldn't sell him for £.20 m. He has two years left.... two seasons. **** him, we don't need the money. Tell him he's not going offer him a new contract and let him know we are prepared to let him see his contract out. Who knows what will happen in that time.

You can't roll over every time and have your tummy tickled, sometimes we should bare our teeth. People will say well his heart won't be in it and he won't play well. Well as a professional player that would reflect badly on him, and let's see him make England squads if he's not playing well enough to start for us.

you say we dont need the money?

i would say if we had a manager the players believed in, we would not be worried about downing going.

IF and it is a big if, downing is sold, the figure he goes for will be the most telling sign of how much money there is.

accept less than £20 million and we then know we are desperate, hold out for £25 million which is the going rate judging by the price of people recently then it will imply we are not scrambling like some crack addict on the floor for loose change.

i have significantly lowered my expectations in accordance with the clubs owners. it is of course what they want us to do.

im expecting 1 or maybe 2 signings which cost decent money. the rest will be lower league gambles, free transfer and shit players such as dj **** cambell

at least when we get relegated or do a wigan on the last day, it wont have been a shock

In 2 years time he will be 29, not many players get big contracts at that age, and he carries the risk of running down his contract I.e no increase in salary.and the risk that you get injured in the final year of your contract you may not get another anywhere, just look at Ashton.

Let's grow some balls and use the advantages we have.

How long is Cesc Fabregas' contract. It seems every transfer window Barcelona try to get him but Arsenal say no. Maybe we need to start tying players to 5/6 year contracts so we can get 4 years out of them before they move on!

Don't blame him for wanting to go. This Aston Villa isn't the Aston Villa that would have been sold to him when he signed for us. If a team with bigger ambitions, better players and the aim of winning things cones in for him why shouldn't he ask for the chance to take it?

It's not as if our board would be disappointed that they've got another £15million into the club.

How long is Cesc Fabregas' contract. It seems every transfer window Barcelona try to get him but Arsenal say no. Maybe we need to start tying players to 5/6 year contracts so we can get 4 years out of them before they move on!

which is fine, unfortunately, we did that but with shit players such as beye, we are then stuck with shit players on high wages we cant shift.

when a player does very well for us, we should reward them with a good contract and longer. only once they have performed at our club though.

after youngs 2 season it should have been done ( although i thought it had been?)

It is pointless making Downing stay if he wants to leave, Liverpool have set the mark though paying out £30 odd million for Carroll and now £20 million for Henderson so the Scousers can pay the same for Downing imo.

He will not be the last. I suspect we will see others leave this summer as our squad takes on a completely different look to match our ambitions. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bent leave in January either at this rate

bensmith_Times Ben Smith

#LFC expect to complete deals for Charlie Adam/Stewart Downing by Monday.

bensmith_Times Ben Smith

#LFC will pay £8m for Adam, £16m for Dowming. Meireles may be allowed to leave if right cash offer comes in.

Doubt it's true but hey ho this is from the times journo..

Story is poorly written by Nursery saying we used Young money to pay for Bent deal lol!

When is any story written by that rocket polisher Nursey ever be well written? The bloke just loves putting the boot into Villa.

75% at least of what he publishes is just idle speculation or is so obvious its not a story. If he get it right the next story mentions his previous story which then puts in bold you cant't miss it. Tosser.

As for Downing its not clear what he wants save for the fact he has some greedy agent stirring its up. If Liverpool want him meet our valuation, its that simple.

Whether Downing requests a transfer is irrelevant as they still have to meet our valuation. But as Downing well knows if he asks for a transfer he loses all his bonuses.

All facts Nursey could have mentioned.

We are nothing but a stepping stone club

i wish we were, i doubt we will be able to reach such aspirations in the future

we will look back and dream of being a selling club, that would mean we have very good players who other teams want.

once downing is sold off and bent will quickly follow what are we left with?

people can big up our young players, not a problem but they clearly are no where near able to stand up for themselves, as shown last season.

mixing 2 or 3 of our best ones with an experienced quality team and they will flourish

put 4 or 5 of them in with the kind of shit we are linked with and watch them ruin their futures

I still think AM has all the Young money available plus almost 30m and any other sales. Villa are more than happy with this 'we have no money story' means prices are much much lower than if we say 'Alex can spend whatever to improve the squad' which is the mistake made under MON. And as for Downing, for 20m he can **** off. He aint that good!

Â