Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted, absolutely gutted, feel like my worlds falling apart around me.

A few weeks back I genuinally believed he wanted to stay, his press statement then contrasts from black to white...wanting to repay the faith villa shown in him and all...to now.

I havnt felt this gutted since Milner, we really cannot afford to lose Downing hes intergral...and now hes just opened the flood gates with that "come and get me" plead.

Gutted, simply gutted.

No player is bigger than the club but when you start to put them all together - Barry, Mellberg, Milner, Young (A), Downing...

It starts to look a bit larger

Well Melberg going was different and Downing hasn't left yet !

But yeh its not quite what i thought that summer day back in 2006....

A few weeks back I genuinally believed he wanted to stay, his press statement then contrasts from black to white...wanting to repay the faith villa shown in him and all...to now.

I havnt felt this gutted since Milner, we really cannot afford to lose Downing hes intergral...and now hes just opened the flood gates with that "come and get me" plead.

Gutted, simply gutted.

Read the one from a few weeks back again, its not that different, just different words.

No player is bigger than the club but when you start to put them all together - Barry, Mellberg, Milner, Young (A), Downing...

It starts to look a bit larger

Well Melberg going was different and Downing hasn't left yet !

But yeh its not quite what i thought that summer day back in 2006....

Yeah... Mellberg was bigger than the club :)

All Hail Mellberg.

It's going to be a BIG summer.

One thing's for sure, the managerial situation needs to be settled immediately so that we can resolve issues like this and move on.

They'll be on the phone to Sparky Hughes right now.

One thing's for sure, the managerial situation needs to be settled immediately so that we can resolve issues like this and move on.

I think we will know by the end of the weekend whats what with GH.

Hughes wouldnt be my number 1 choice, but we need a manger to sort this mess out one way or another.

Gutted, simply gutted.

I'm confused why you seem to be shocked.

Footballers would sell their own mothers to get an extra buck, not one of them is different.

Also they will say one thing and then the next change their mind if something better comes along.

The sooner folk realise not to believe everything and anything that comes out of a footballers mouth the better.

Its a job for them, if you were offered another job better pay, better colleagues etc you would refuse it? I doubt it very much unless it was your own company and have something personally invested in it, footballers dont.

I don't think he'll leave this summer and I also don't believe he ever said 'I'm signing a new deal' ...it's heavily frustrating but can see why. I guess it's upto the club to perform next year and see what happens.

All true, but the exact same thing could have been written about Young 12 months ago.

He's touting himself for a move, there's no doubt about that.

We are a feeder club to the top 4/5. The sooner you accept it, the easier it is.

Then we will always stay 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, which is the frustrating part. I don't want to accept that part.

Life's a bitch and the truth hurts but that is what we are. Like Ginge, i will support Villa through thick and thin, but if its Champians League finals and Premier League titles you want in the next 10 years your supporting the wrong team mate.

Don't question my support for the team. I wouldn't give up supporting Villa because we are not in the champions league, I wouldn't give up supporting Villa if we were at Tamworth away playing in the conference. Never hinted at not supporting Villa. I've never seen us play in the champions league so I don't know any different, I'm 100% used to finishing between 16th and 6th. The frustration comes with the hope, past 4 years, coming so close, hitting a glass roof, and now falling back down. The 5 years champions league plan from Randy seems a farcry now. Both Downing and Young go, we'll be in the shit next season. Those two players must have been involved in most of our goals this season.

Gutted, simply gutted.

I'm confused why you seem to be shocked.

Footballers would sell their own mothers to get an extra buck, not one of them is different.

Also they will say one thing and then the next change their mind if something better comes along.

The sooner folk realise not to believe everything and anything that comes out of a footballers mouth the better.

Its a job for them, if you were offered another job better pay, better colleagues etc you would refuse it? I doubt it very much unless it was your own company and have something personally invested in it, footballers dont.

True and lets not forget Downing left his own "boyhood" club to join us....

I just hope the pussy **** in charge grow some balls and start making these people stick to there contracts. I wouldnt even entertain offers from other clubs and point blank refuse any transfer requests, make him play for us next season as I dont see who we are giong to replace him with.

Lets not forget people, he has 2 years left on his contract. WE arent skint.

If we do sell him it will be for hell of alot. £20m+ I'd say.

so IF he does go, which I dont think he will this summer, we are very much in the driving seat with regards to price.

no point ranting and raving about it...it will happen time and time again......

we are in turmoil at the moment, loads of uncertainty so why would any ambitious player want to sign a contract with us right now?

I don't think we will lose both this summer...Downing knows if he performs for us he will get in the England team and im pretty certain he would pull his socks up for us for another year then we can ship off next summer for a fee.....

he's totally replaceable for me anyway.....N'Zogbia would excite me more on the left

Â