Right sided midfielder

barry'sboots

Which right sided midfielder would you want at VP?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which right sided midfielder would you want at VP?

• McGeady
    • Bentley
    • SWP
    • N'Zogbia
    • Pennant

We seem to be regularly linked with right wingers at the minute. I can see a lot of sense in this. Four wingers - Downing, Ash, Albrighton + 1 - would give us some real options with Ash and Downing also capable of playing inside of the striker.

Personally, I would rather sign NZogbia, as he is younger and very direct - a bit of a contrast to Ash/Downing on the other side and Albrighton as a change option. As a second choice, I would take Bentley.

Be interested to see if MON could use four wide players effectively.

N'Zogbia out of those but I think we are fine as we are, other areas need to be filled more importantly and although I'm not saying we are financially struggling, we are clearly not going to be spending past £15-20 million net, so it's important to spend in more key areas.

That said, if Milner goes, we should have money spare to bring in a few more players and then I'd like N'Zogbia, failing that, Bentley.

The rest in my opinion are not good enough.

Out of those?

I've put Bentley purely because none of them are amazing, and N'Zogbia is a left midfielder isn't he?

I thought he could play both but has played more on the right from what I remember?? Wasn't he also keeping Jimmy out of the Newcastle team when we signed Milner?

Out of those?

I've put Bentley purely because none of them are amazing, and N'Zogbia is a left midfielder isn't he?

I thought he could play both but has played more on the right from what I remember?? Wasn't he also keeping Jimmy out of the Newcastle team when we signed Milner?

You might be right about the first bit. but Milner was probably Newcast;e's best player when we signed him so that second bit's wrong ;)

Bentley is the best of that bad bunch.... (or Albrighton!!!)

I wouldn't mind DB to be honest and think he could add some balance to our team as we lack a true right winger....

We could potentially play Downing - Young - Bentley behind Agbonlahor and in front of two central midfielders. That'd be pretty decent!!!

Milner was probably Newcast;e's best player when we signed him so that second bit's wrong ;)

He was a squad player, in and out of the team. Hence the raised eyebrows when we paid £12m for him.