The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

12 minutes ago, wiggyrichard said:

Can't get my head around why people expect pro footballers to live a nuns life!?!?

the fact that people expect them not to go out and enjoy their life like everyone else in the world is entitled to do is completely barmy!!!

do some on here actually realise what they're expecting?? Your saying that because he's a pro footballer he's not allowed to enjoy his free time with a beer? He's not allowed to go on holiday in the close season with his mates and get leathered? He's meant to be on duty representing the club 24hrs a day 365 days a year?

thats absolutely ridiculous!!! And the people saying he should be sacked etc. need to wake up!! Long and short of it is that he's had some beers in a hotel room with some mates IN HIS FREE TIME and caused too much noise!!!

he works, pays his tax and NI and can enjoy his time off like the rest of us. Can't see what's so hard about that?

if you think he's not allowed to enjoy himself because he's a footballer who gets paid well and should always be on duty......you need to take your head out your arse!!!

I think why people, and rightly or wrongly so it is subjective, get the hump is that a lot  of people on these pages pay jack grealish's wages every week. His obscene wages i might add, like all top footballers are. So if grealish is in a team that's getting tanked 4-0 at Everton and a team that's well off the pace in the championship and going out on an all nighter it pisses me off. Again I've no objection to the fact he was out till 3 am, its the lads b'day, its the fact he does the dog on it. its early season and to be honest Jack you are in a team that ain't tearing up trees lets be honest . If people are pissed off, well they pay his and the rest of the  underperforming villa squads wages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wiggyrichard said:

Fair do my friend, didn't word that correctly!

in the context that if he's given time off, as long as he reports back for duty alcohol free and ready to train etc. I don't see what the issue is?

i still ask the question, what exactly has he done wrong? 

I don't even think he's done anything wrong this time (I tend to take any online news with a triple helping of salt) - except not understanding that he's not the average UK 21-old. He's had media focusing on him previously (apparently passed out drunk on the road on holiday, doing hippy crack etc) - I'd just expect him to wise up and avoid unwanted media attention. I cannot fathom how he hasn't yet understood that he needs to stay out of the limelight when off the pitch.

• Like 2

I genuinely believe it's the difference between Jack and a fair other young English players, there's more than a fair few of them that like to man about town it but their clubs control the stories, are people suggesting grealish is out of control and throwing his career away but Saint Jack Wilshere is still England's saviour? Big clubs and agents of these players sweep trouble under the carpet

look at how fergie ran the Utd press office for years, if the mail ran a shite article about one of their golden boys having a shandy fergie wouldn't even throw them the bones for the next couple of months so they didn't, they keep negative stories out of the papers, do people seriously believe rashford spends his Saturday nights practicing his shooting in his back garden? 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I think why people, and rightly or wrongly so it is subjective, get the hump is that a lot  of people on these pages pay jack grealish's wages every week. His obscene wages i might add, like all top footballers are. So if grealish is in a team that's getting tanked 4-0 at Everton and a team that's well off the pace in the championship and going out on an all nighter it pisses me off. Again I've no objection to the fact he was out till 3 am, its the lads b'day, its the fact he does the dog on it. its early season and to be honest Jack you are in a team that ain't tearing up trees lets be honest . If people are pissed off, well they pay his and the rest of the  underperforming villa squads wages.

It's a "round in circles" argument. Sky Sports most probably pay his wages etc etc. Regardless, nobody has the right to "expect" anything from him. 

I know what your saying and I understand how some will see it, but I still don't get what he's done wrong???

10 minutes ago, TB said:

I don't even think he's done anything wrong this time (I tend to take any online news with a triple helping of salt) - except not understanding that he's not the average UK 21-old. He's had media focusing on him previously (apparently passed out drunk on the road on holiday, doing hippy crack etc) - I'd just expect him to wise up and avoid unwanted media attention. I cannot fathom how he hasn't yet understood that he needs to stay out of the limelight when off the pitch.

That's fair enough mate.

the fact that he was In a hotel room maybe suggests he might be learning to stay out the public eye. 

The media rats will do and create anything for a story

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wiggyrichard said:

So by that you expect him to not have a drink etc. Until next summer once the seasons over??

you do realise law states people are allowed time off from work? Surly you don't really expect ALL footballers not to have a drink or night out and be in bed for 10pm throughout the season???

No, that's not what I trying to say. I wasn't disagreeing with your rant ;-). The odd drink or two is perfectly fine with me, even during the season.

I just meant that Jack needs to behave in a professional manner when off the pitch - trying to stay out of the limelight, not allowing any media to report anything to do with Jack or Villa with a negative angle.

It was Jack's 21st!  How many of us had a quiet one on our own 21st? 

I suggested previously that one of Jack's friends may have sold the story to the press but there are no photographs so it could just have been that the party became too noisy for where it was being held and it might have been a hotel employee or someone that they had made aware of the situation or another hotel guest who leaked the story rather than one of his mates. :detect:

What Jack needs to do is to keep out of the press and to ensure his friends do not talk or release any photographs to the press. Continuing a party at a hotel was always likely to lead to problems with other guests and Danny Murphy said on Talk Sport today that he used to to have such parties at his own home and that the Liverpool players put money in a pot to pay minders to avoid details of their night's out in clubs becoming too public. Sounds like a plan Jack? 

I hope the club gives Jack the opportunity to take his frustrations out on Newcastle at the weekend. 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I genuinely believe it's the difference between Jack and a fair other young English players, there's more than a fair few of them that like to man about town it but their clubs control the stories, are people suggesting grealish is out of control and throwing his career away but Saint Jack Wilshere is still England's saviour? Big clubs and agents of these players sweep trouble under the carpet

look at how fergie ran the Utd press office for years, if the mail ran a shite article about one of their golden boys having a shandy fergie wouldn't even throw them the bones for the next couple of months so they didn't, they keep negative stories out of the papers, do people seriously believe rashford spends his Saturday nights practicing his shooting in his back garden? 

John Cross was on TalkSport and said the same, journos were scared of being barred from the big clubs so they would change articles, not release certain stories etc because being barred from an elite team press conference was unquestionably!

he told a story of a top manager (didn't say who) that said if a certain story was published regarding one of his players, he would ban that paper from press conferences for the rest of the season!

Villa are an easy target at the moment

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What percentage of his wages do you pay?

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Fans pay his pages. I'm a fan. I'm  sure you understand the basic premise of how gate receipts are a large portion of players income.

Not trying to start an argument, but I would say TV and league money make up most of the wage pot

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Fans pay his pages. I'm a fan. I'm  sure you understand the basic premise of how gate receipts are a large portion of players income.

The club pays his salary. The club receive income from a number of sources (TV receipts, gate receipts, sponsorship, profit on disposal of player registrations, &c.).

Sure, you have a voice as you're putting money in but I think it's a big mistake to go down the 'we pay their wages' route.

19 minutes ago, wiggyrichard said:

i do understand what you mean, by you giving money to the club you are contributing towards X Y & Z.

still doesn't mean he can't enjoy his free time....

again....what exactly has he done wrong???

Fair point. If the club are fining him 50,000 pounds then maybe they are better positioned to answer your question and more privy to what went on.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Read the article again...let me know where it says he was pissed or where it says he was doing something that involved the police...

we don't even know if he had a drink

its a horrible piece of journalism 

If that is the case then he shouldn't be reprimanded by the club right?

I don't care about the article. I do care about the clubs reaction.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Fergie also got rid. E.g. Ravel Morrisson.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Read Di Matteo's comments. Do these comments seem appropriate for a player that did nothing wrong. I can't believe he is being defended by so many. Are we that bad a state that the great Jack Grealish is such a good player for us he can do what he likes?

Its because he is a local lad. If say.. a Carles Gil was doing these.. he would not get anywhere near as much defense. Grealish hasnt even done that much on the field yet to deserve such praise. Its ridiculous. Local lads always end up disappointing.. Hendrie Collymore Gabby etc etc. Its as if there is too much pressure. All had an alleged drinking problem. Not saying Grealish has but he isnt following a good path. 

Edited by KSV

Â