Richard

Should there be a cull of urban foxs  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a cull of urban foxs

• Yes
    • No

Horseback vigilantes happy to hunt down twin baby attacker

foxhunting.jpg

Across the country large groups of immaculately-attired horseback vigilantes have bravely proclaimed that they will not rest until they have apprehended and brought to justice the vicious fox accused of attacking 9 month-old twin girls in East London.

The girls, who are seriously ill but considered stable, were attacked by a fox which fled the scene leading to thousands of red-jacketed have-a-go heroes offering their expert tracking services.

One such volunteer explained, “That fox could already be as far away as the north of England, so it is imperative we arrange groups the length and breadth of the country to search out this evil attacker.”

“We have trained for years for just such an incident, and let me tell you, there is nobody better than us at bringing evil foxes to justice whilst blowing horns and looking spiffing.”

“Though I must warn you now, this search could last for years, with most Sundays from November onwards spent searching for him. We’ll take the summer off though, as it’s polo season.”

Justice

Huntsmen across the country have confirmed this latest incident shows what they have known all along, that foxes are evil and must be punished.

One hunt leader explained, “I am glad the world can now see foxes as we do - vermin that must be chased for miles and miles across fields and woodland before being torn apart by bloodthirsty hounds.”

“You either agree with us, or you think eating baby faces is perfectly acceptable. Which is it to be, hmm?”

“You know, you might find this all the more palatable if you just try to think of foxes as awful ginger dogs.”

bugger .... if only i'd read the second line of your post before I went off and shot my parents

This man definitely has a thing about shooting!! :shock:

:huh: trying to think where else i've mentioned shooting now ?

Cull?

No chance, enough of em get splattered on the roads already.

as for the foxes attacking sleeping kids.........if I was a copper my nose would be twitching like the **** clappers over this "incident"

I'm with Rob on this one......

Something smells fishy........

And, in the words of Blackadder...... "I don't mean the contents of Baldricks apple crumble"

This. Anybody checked whether these people have a dog?

Only two previous cases like this reported EVER. Both proved not to have been foxes.

Lots of foxes round our way, and I rather like them.

I never think anything should be killed, let alone culled. Take the Stephen Fry 'Making History' approach - don't cull them, just stop them breeding.

If something does become a problem, there must be SOMETHING out there some boffin has developed which can cause them to become infertile. Doesn't help in the short term, but does in the long term. No-one has to die, and those who escape the 'infertility' dart or whatever will keep the population ticking along.

Oh, and I don't even see foxes as a problem anyway.

They have only moved into the city because the amount of food we throw away makes it easier to find food there than hunt for it. Dogs started off as wild too, and slowly they moved into the towns for this reason, they then, recent reports suggest, chose themselves to become domesticated as it benefitted them to live with humans.

Who's to say foxes won't go a similar way? They are a damn site more friendly than wild dogs used to be.

And I'd quite like a pet fox.

There was a woman in Wednesbury who kept a hand reared Fox as a pet. He was absolutely beautiful and quite timid.

As regard the infertility thing...the Kiwis have been trying to find something similar for Possums - there's apparently around 80 million of them

wreeking havoc on the NZ vegetation every night. So far nothing has thwarted them breeding.

My friend recently came back from a year out in New Zealand and he says it's actually becoming a national calamity because they are losing thousands of dollars of crops every single night and the population is just going up and up. 80million of the buggers? That's gonna be tricky to 'infertalise' the lot of 'em.. :-/

Also, I remember something a while ago which was a strong chemical infertility thingy for males which was very close to going into the latter stages and maybe development, someone then discovered (just in time) that a male with this in it, could spread this chemical in it's urine. So if it pee's on crops which are eaten by other creatures...

Can't help but think of a cute little domestic fox now. I WANT ONE!

Some old chap that comes to cricket matches always talks about his fox. He leaves food out for it every night and watches it. It's always there, and if he forgets to put food out, the little thing looks very puzzled. Always the same time, always the same place. Suggests to me that foxes can be very easily tamed and trained for domestication.

There was a woman in Wednesbury who kept a hand reared Fox as a pet. He was absolutely beautiful and quite timid.

As regard the infertility thing...the Kiwis have been trying to find something similar for Possums - there's apparently around 80 million of them

wreeking havoc on the NZ vegetation every night. So far nothing has thwarted them breeding.

animal bio warfare, alternatively release 1000 wolves into the region, should help a bit.

they use hawks do kill loads of pigeons, why not just throw a few bears into London and let them nom a few foxes. can't hurt can it :)

animal bio warfare, alternatively release 1000 wolves into the region, should help a bit.

they use hawks do kill loads of pigeons, why not just throw a few bears into London and let them nom a few foxes. can't hurt can it :)

Yes but I think that Wolves and Bears let loose on the streets of London might just present a slightly higher risk to the safety of babies than Foxes!!

It's a thought though!

Yes but I think that Wolves and Bears let loose on the streets of London might just present a slightly higher risk to the safety of babies than Foxes!!

It's a thought though!

It's scientific fact that if you go up to a wolf and wave at it, it actually bows to you and then walks away.

Also Bears will only attack humans if you tell it their crap at catching salmon.

there's no evidence for this.... but it is scientific fact!

Not true at all. Bears will also attack you if they come home and you've eaten their porridge and are having a nap in their bed. Even though the bed is just right for you.

Â