The New Condem Government

bickster

I'm sure the millions added to the unemployment lines will agree with you Jon - not

As will those who now have seen more civil liberties taken away from them - not.

As will those who have seen fair and reasonable benefits taken away from them - not.

After all said and done Mugabe did say he supported Cameron

:cry:

Well if Labour hadn't destroyed the economy then it would all be fine. But they did, same as they always have and once more it's the people who pay.

Nice one.

EDIT: and a Labour voter preaching about civil liberties. Tony would say hypocrisy but that word doesn't really cover the total unreality of your statement. Bizarre is closer.

I

As will those who now have seen more civil liberties taken away from them - not.

Which civil liberties have been taken away? I know of some that have been returned (no ID cards etc) but none that have been taken away

I

Which civil liberties have been taken away?

The right to have a job? :winkold:

I

Which civil liberties have been taken away? I know of some that have been returned (no ID cards etc) but none that have been taken away

Of course not - Because ID cards were in place - oh they were not, and the old chestnut about passports still holds true. Whereas the way that Gvmts can be brought to account by fellow MP's is not a Civil Liberty? etc etc - of course not because for some that was an attack that could only come from one party.

Funny I saw not outraged of VT about the way the protest camps were "sorted out" outside of Parliament - why is that exactly, oh of course again we can only moan about Labour.

Maybe then these changes to Schools and provision for supporting those that need health and support is not a civil liberty or is it just something again that we have to attack Labour over.

Amazing but not surprising the reactions on here - the H word again shines out. I suppose the stock answer from the ConDem's and their supporters will be - ooooh its Labours fault - pathetic really. No defence of any of the new policies (the old ones were obviously all ditched)

Well if Labour hadn't destroyed the economy then it would all be fine. But they did, same as they always have and once more it's the people who pay.

Laughable - bloody Labour and the way they ruined the economy for Spain, Greece, Japan, the USA, the Eurozone yaddah yaddah yaddah - the simple facts are as some predicted, the ConDem's are stifling any chance o recovery with their attacks on the ecpnomy - just so a few of the paymasters can retain wealth. Cancelling front line services, raising VAT, amending the constitution, continuing with expenses scandals all within a few days of moving into Number 10 with their new poodles. Cancelling of schools building project will not save millions it will cost millions. Private enterprise depends on such contracts and now have nowhere to turn other than to lay off staff.

But of course there will be no defence of this, just a "it was Labours fault" rhetoric. A Gvmt that is worse than Thatchers so far

but they aren't a unelected government. I honestly think for once that is a level even Labour wouldn't have stooped to

Yes they are - did anyone vote for a LibDem/ Tory alliance - new party? Absolutely not. If we follow the logic that many argued about pre election, there was no way that the LibDem = Tory PM was an option.

Did someone from the labour side try and score points based on civil liberties :shock:

I'm off to quote your post in the post of the year thread , funniest one I've heard in yonks :crylaugh:

And to prove my point Tony why not try and actually defend your parties policies rather than silly comments like this?

Add to the conversation and explain why the ConDem changes to parliament are right, why the eviction of the protesters outside parliament is now right? etc

You can;t defend them though can you? All you resort to is silly insults

Nick Clegg won't be the leader of Lib Dems after the next election, there won't be a Lib-Dem Party IMO.

He will lucky to be an MP if his constituents have anything to do with it. But of course by then the changes to the way we vote and the cobble up to keep the ConDem's in power will mean that Smithers will have a safe seat, if not in Sheffield probably somewhere down south

A Gvmt that is worse than Thatchers so far

:crylaugh:

Keep them coming , this is funnier than watching mock the week

How droll - I see again you cannot or will not defend your parties actions? Or even, god forbid, condem them. I wonder why that is?

but they aren't a unelected government. I honestly think for once that is a level even Labour wouldn't have stooped to

Yes they are - did anyone vote for a LibDem/ Tory alliance - new party? Absolutely not. If we follow the logic that many argued about pre election, there was no way that the LibDem = Tory PM was an option.

I'm sorry Ian but they are elected, coalitions happen, mostly everywhere else in the world but Britain but they do happen with great regularity and they are perfectly permissible in a British election if that is what the people have forced on the country by being indecisive. Quite clearly you wouldn't be saying this if Clegg had jumped into bed with Brown and Brown was still PM

Yes they are - did anyone vote for a LibDem/ Tory alliance - new party? Absolutely not.

Hold on. Don't you argue (quite rightly, in my view) that the electorate doesn't vote in a Prime Minister?

Well, the same goes for the government.

People may think they do but that's their problem.

I think we all knew that due to the deficit that deep cuts would have to be made. What the Tories are doing though is reverting to type, cutting public spending far more than is necessary, placing millions on the dole and risking our childrens future. Once again as in the 80's we are risking having a lost generation due to these incompetent, devious bastards. No surprise in what they are doing but the fact the Libs are keeping quite and letting them get on with it is a disgrace. I do however predict that situation will implode with in the coming months.

How droll - I see again you cannot or will not defend your parties actions? Or even, god forbid, condem them. I wonder why that is?

Tell you what find me a post where you condemed anything labour ever did and then maybe we can have a proper debate on here ... Deal ?

Yes they are - did anyone vote for a LibDem/ Tory alliance - new party? Absolutely not.

Hold on. Don't you argue (quite rightly, in my view) that the electorate doesn't vote in a Prime Minister?

Well, the same goes for the government.

People may think they do but that's their problem.

Absolutely I do - but the point is - and certainly was pre-election by many on here that we vote for a PM and a Gvmt. The last election was fought typically on a 3 party system with the odd exception for the Greens in Brighton and those in Scotland, NI and Wales who voted for local parties.

The Gvmt was formed as a result of a merger of two parties, and that was not part of the voting at the last election. How many LibDems are now regretting their vote as it has resulted in such a right wing Gvmt and a big betrayal of the old LibDem values?

If people did go the polls thinking which party would be in power, there was never an option for ConDem's

Of course not - Because ID cards were in place - oh they were not, and the old chestnut about passports still holds true. Whereas the way that Gvmts can be brought to account by fellow MP's is not a Civil Liberty? etc etc - of course not because for some that was an attack that could only come from one party.

The logic of that post baffles me, Labours ID card was an infringement of civil liberties (whether it was in place or not, it was still scheduled to be in place). The MP's thing isn't, its an erosion of democracy for sure and I agree with you on that but its not as such a civil liberty, it is wrong though, very wrong

Funny I saw not outraged of VT about the way the protest camps were "sorted out" outside of Parliament - why is that exactly, oh of course again we can only moan about Labour.

You do know it was Labour that brought that law in don't you?

Maybe then these changes to Schools and provision for supporting those that need health and support is not a civil liberty or is it just something again that we have to attack Labour over.

No, those aren't civil liberties either

Amazing but not surprising the reactions on here - the H word again shines out. I suppose the stock answer from the ConDem's and their supporters will be - ooooh its Labours fault - pathetic really. No defence of any of the new policies (the old ones were obviously all ditched)

the H word shines from many beacons in every party camp, its the nature of the beast, one of the many reasons why I don't believe in parties at all

Does anyone actually know whether Brian Haw has stayed?

I've had a quick google and it doesn't seem to say - I seem to think that the judge said he could remain as long as he stayed on the pavenment (which is where he has been all the time, I think?).

Â