The New Condem Government

bickster

Unemployment was rising under the previous government , quite rapidly at one point ...

I.e Jan. 31, 2008 5.10% ...... Feb. 28, 2010 8.00%

Ah yes, that was Labour's fault wasn't it because Labour caused the global recession, at least that's what our part-time chancellor likes to tell us.

I thought it was changed so MPs got free economy travel and have to pay for their own upgrade.

When was that changed? It was certainly still the case about a year ago.

And to be honest, I really don't have a problem with MP's being in first class at the taxpayers expense.

When was that changed? It was certainly still the case about a year ago.

And to be honest, I really don't have a problem with MP's being in first class at the taxpayers expense.

Just looked and it was meant to change after the expenses scandal. The MPs, bless them, found a loophole that lets them travel first-class if they can find a more expensive standard class ticket. They're a resourceful lot.

If it prevents me from ever having to share a carriage with George Osborne, there's a lot to be said for it.

Just looked and it was meant to change after the expenses scandal. The MPs, bless them, found a loophole that lets them travel first-class if they can find a more expensive standard class ticket. They're a resourceful lot.

a system I've used successfully myself, right up to the day I realised it was cheaper to drive to london, pay for 24 hour inner city parking, have a night in a hotel 'sundry expenses' drive back home, pay the bridge toll and have a takeaway on expenses as compo for having been away

Ah yes, that was Labour's fault wasn't it because Labour caused the global recession, at least that's what our part-time chancellor likes to tell us.

Ahh yes the familiar labour line that when thing go tits up on their watch it's a global recession but when things go tits up under the Tory watch its all down to Tory ineptitude

Ahh yes the familiar labour line that when thing go tits up on their watch it's a global recession but when things go tits up under the Tory watch its all down to Tory ineptitude

Except its more like when things go tits up under Labour its a Global Recession (it was but we weren't helped by Labours ridiculously ineffective FSA etc) but things going tits up under the Tories are because they are following **** idiotic policies, which they are, even the CBI was criticising the govt yesterday

Ahh good old george young the man who described the homeless as those you trip over when you leAve the opera. They wonder why people constantly think of them as being aloof . Yet another old etonian too. Men of the people? Pah

Ahh good old george young the man who described the homeless as those you trip over when you leAve the opera. They wonder why people constantly think of them as being aloof . Yet another old etonian too. Men of the people? Pah

As tories go, he's actually quite a nice bloke. I suspect he didn't mean the opera quote quite as reported, as at that time he was actively trying to support measures to help homeless people, and in my view was genuine in wanting to help.

Â