The New Condem Government

bickster

I think they're a mixture of evil,

oh please

Why? Evil means "morally bad", or "morally wrong" or morally reprehensible" and so on.

They are. What they are doing to disabled people, what they are doing with regard to the NHS after having promised not to, their Environmental policies (such as there are any) after saying they'd be the greenest gov't ever. The Andy Coulson, Andrew Mitchell, Jeremy Hunt antics. Morally wrong. deliberately and knowingly wrong, and not giving a damn, as they're above the law. They're an evil menace.

The big three parties are Blue Shite, Red Shite and Desperately Fickle Orange Shite. They are after all political parties, which in themselves are shite.

I think the desperately fickle Orange Shite have actually taken a bazooka to their feet from 5 yards and won't recover for at least one decade if not two, the Greens will if they have their heads screwed on make massive capital from their demise

However it is somewhat amusing to find that we currently have calls from within camp Blue Shite for the Government to be launching some big capital building projects, how very Keynesian of them, are they sure they are in the right party? :mrgreen:

However it is somewhat amusing to find that we currently have calls from within camp Blue Shite for the Government to be launching some big capital building projects, how very Keynesian of them, are they sure they are in the right party? :mrgreen:

Yep ; I thought that too and, being an old chap, always thought there was merit in this economic doctorine (Multiplier etc). So - one has to ask oneself , who gains from these 'projects' - HS2 etc ? Surely not some wealthy Tory donor by any chance.

I use HS2 as an example 'cos I really can not see that it is efficient use of scarce resources and this effing lot will probably buy capital equipment from abroad anyway - like the Bombardier debacle.

I could have sworn Bombardier were Canadian ...But overlooking that I assume you were also equally scathing of the government when Bombardier lost out on a big contract for uk trains to Hitachi in 2009 ???

You mean the Hitatchi train contract that created 900 jobs in Newton Aycliff as opposed to the loss of jobs in Derby when Siemens (?) won the contract ahead of Bombardier?

Yeah the same Siemens that created 2000 jobs in the UK as a result of the contract

You mean the Hitatchi train contract that created 900 jobs in Newton Aycliff as opposed to the loss of jobs in Derby when Siemens (?) won the contract ahead of Bombardier?

Yeah the same Siemens that created 2000 jobs in the UK as a result of the contract

Didn't hear that but I can't see how as the trains are to be built in Dusseldorf

Didn't hear that but I can't see how as the trains are to be built in Dusseldorf

I guess British workers will just have to move to Dusseldorf for work, like under the last Tory government.

muru1.jpg

Siemens were building / built a new factory in the Uk

For the record the Canadian bombardier that is being waved as a bastion of British industry build its Bogies in Belgium

More ideological cuts could be on the way it seems

Ed Balls, the shadow Chancellor, has backed the need for austerity, admitting that Labour will be 'ruthless' about cutting public spending beyond 2015.

full article here: Evil Labour

Interesting that the "we really are in deep shit" penny seems to be dropping across Westminster, but then Balls' is slipperier than an eel in a bucket of weasel grease.

Best to assume anything promised by any of the 3 main parties is a self seeking lie designed solely to get/keep their noses in the trough.

More ideological cuts could be on the way it seems

Ed Balls, the shadow Chancellor, has backed the need for austerity, admitting that Labour will be 'ruthless' about cutting public spending beyond 2015.

full article here: Evil Labour

Let's face it, there needs to be cuts no matter who is in power but it's a case of making the right cuts. Surely is makes more sense to reduce things like foreign aid, which I do agree is a good cause but surely in these times you need to look after your own people first rather than cutting off their welfare, taking apart their healthcare and cutting tax for millionaires.

Same old Tories.

On a side note, that article has come from a Tory newspaper so you've got to expect their take on 'the truth'.

but surely in these times you need to look after your own people

like British jobs for British workers you mean ... the true voice of the labour party shining through again :winkold:

I've no problem with overseas aid... far as I'm concerned it's a moral responsibility to help out other countries in times of plight ... ideally we should do both and not waste money in other areas but it seems in government you are always going to upset somebody whatever you cut

tbh the Telegraph has been slightly un-T ory since Cameron took over , but If labour supporters are allowed to quote posts from leftfootforward and clothcapwearers weekly , I hardly think you can begrudge the odd link to a Torygraph story :-)

Siemens were building / built a new factory in the Uk

For the record the Canadian bombardier that is being waved as a bastion of British industry build its Bogies in Belgium

To be built in Dusseldorf when they get around to signing the contract.

Interesting that they are still not through the commercial contract stage and have yet to even get onto the financial contract aspect of the deal yet. Maybe its just me but I would have thought it prudent to sort all that shit out before the contract is awarded rather than award the contract then the company negotiates performance etc after the fact, for a whole year and then some more, then they go off to finance the deal. Seems utterly bonkers to me

Â