The New Condem Government

bickster

You'd like my mate. Youngest Major in the Royal Army Medical Corps with a great career in front of him. Resigned on principle when we decided to invaded Iraq in 2003, but has fought against the parsimonious system on behalf of veterans support groups as a parliamentary candidate, and since then as an MP.

Expect he'll lose his seat next time (unless his constituents appreciate his role fighting against HS2 for them) due to his PM being a throbber, but he's not the only good guy. Tobias Ellwood is another 'good' Tory, an officer in my Battalion while I was serving.

I don't doubt that there are plenty more of them too, sadly they are led by fucksticks.

I might at that. Seems clean, interested in environmental and transport issues, but a bit nuclear for my taste.

Yes, he'll lose his seat, the arithmetic is unfavourable. Ukip won't help.

I hope his questions about the cost of meals in the forces, hospitals and prisons were about nutrition, not some trite showboating?

But anyone who rows his mum across the Atlantic must qualify as a little, well, odd...

But anyone who rows his mum across the Atlantic must qualify as a little, well, odd...

They also walked to the north pole together, but not odd at all, more adventurous and motivated..

BTW she rowed the Atlantic 50/50 with him, amazing woman!

More importantly, he's a good local MP.

Dave Hartnett, the spectacularly, astonishingly, record-breakingly incompetent chappie in charge of trying to persuade tax-dodgers to dodge slightly less tax, has retired. Woe is us. Woe is Vodafone, more to the point.

He had a retirement bash at one of the Oxford colleges, tickets reportedly £860 each. Without tax.

Some of his admirers thought they would

A man of principle: Christopher Hope, Senior Political Correspondent with the Torygraph, reports that before Camoron said anything on Andrew Mitchell, he had his PPS Sam Gymiah do a ring-round of MPs to judge the mood. This would possibly explain why the support has been so equivocal, and late.

Ah, the firm smack of leadership. It's refreshing to see a chap stick by his chums, know what he believes and not be afraid to lead in times of uncertainty. The country's in good hands.

Ouch.

Apologies for quoting the Heil but:

Dressed in black tie and carrying a trophy – the Golden Handshake – the group posed as representatives of Vodafone, Goldman Sachs and other firms said to have reduced their tax bill after striking deals with Mr Hartnett’s team.

The other guests at the dinner were delighted, giving the news a round of applause.

But it slowly dawned on Mr Hartnett that the prize was a stunt – and one of the hosts told them to leave or have dogs set on them.

Ouch.

Apologies for quoting the Heil but:

Dressed in black tie and carrying a trophy – the Golden Handshake – the group posed as representatives of Vodafone, Goldman Sachs and other firms said to have reduced their tax bill after striking deals with Mr Hartnett’s team.

The other guests at the dinner were delighted, giving the news a round of applause.

But it slowly dawned on Mr Hartnett that the prize was a stunt – and one of the hosts told them to leave or have dogs set on them.

The thing is, Hartnett had been the subject of

six months earlier. Does he have limited recall? Is he unusually trusting, and incredibly naive? (This might explain his performance in the job for which he was so handsomely rewarded for utter failure, of course).

Also love the comment at the end, about "trespassing SCUM!" This, like the earlier "set the dogs on you" is Robert Venables QC, who it seems needs to learn a little law about both trespass and setting dogs on people, as well as threatening behaviour and conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace. Not much of a lawyer, then. perhaps he should spend a little more time on the law, and a little less on taxdodging.

Also love the comment at the end, about "trespassing SCUM!" This, like the earlier "set the dogs on you" is Robert Venables QC, who it seems needs to learn a little law about both trespass and setting dogs on people, as well as threatening behaviour and conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace. Not much of a lawyer, then. perhaps he should spend a little more time on the law, and a little less on taxdodging.

Yes - a bit of the Andrew Mitchell about that.

Not sure about the trespass - wouldn't they have been disrupting or obstructing people's activity (i.e. quaffing booze to celebrate Hartnett's career)? Doesn't that count as criminal nowadays?

In full: Police log detailing Andrew Mitchell's 'pleb' rant

Here The Daily Telegraph publishes in full the 442-word police log of the incident in which the Conservative Chief Whip Andrew Mitchell abused police officers.

Whilst on duty at *** tonight (Wed 19th Sept) on a 1400-2200 hrs between the hours of 1800-2000 I had to deal with a man claiming to be the chief whip and who I later confirmed to be such and a Mr Andrew MITCHELL.

Mr Mitchell was speaking to PC ******** demanding exit through the main vehicle gate into Whitehall. PC ******** explained to Mr MITCHELL that the policy was for pedal cycles to use the side pedestrian exit. Mr MITCHELL refused, stating he was the chief whip and he always used the main gates.

I explained to Mr MITCHELL that the policy was to use the side pedestrian gates and that I was happy to open those for him, but that no officer present would be opening the main gates as this was the policy we were directed to follow.

Mr MITCHELL refused. Repeatedly reiterating he was the chief whip. My exact explanation to Mr MITCHELL was "I am more than happy to open the side pedestrian gate for you Sir, but it is policy that we are not to allow cycles through the main vehicle entrance".

After several refusals Mr MITCHELL got off his bike and walked to the pedestrian gate with me after I again offered to open that for him.

There were several members of public present as is the norm opposite the pedestrian gate and as we neared it, Mr MITCHELL said: "Best you learn your f------ place...you don’t run this f------ government...You’re f------ plebs." The members of public looked visibly shocked and I was somewhat taken aback by the language used and the view expressed by a senior government official. I can not say if this statement was aimed at me individually, or the officers present or the police service as a whole.

I warned Mr MITCHELL that he should not swear, and if he continued to do so I would have no option but to arrest him under the Public Order Act, saying "Please don’t swear at me Sir. If you continue to I will have no option but to arrest you under the public order act".

Mr MITCHELL was then silent and left saying "you haven’t heard the last of this" as he cycled off.

I forward this to you as all officers were extremely polite to Mr MITCHELL, but such behaviour and verbal expressions could lead to the unfortunate situation of officers being left no option but to exercise their powers.

I write this for your information as Mr Mitchell’s last comments would appear to indicate that he is unhappy with my actions.

I have recorded this fully in my pocket book.

Exquisitely understated, while laying bare the depth of the political misjudgement, and the character of the man.

A stiletto to the heart. Though the bit about "the police service as a whole" suggests it's a put-up job - but fortunately I know the police don't go in for that sort of thing.

Mr Mitchell will soon be spending more time with his bike.

Yes - a bit of the Andrew Mitchell about that.

Not sure about the trespass - wouldn't they have been disrupting or obstructing people's activity (i.e. quaffing booze to celebrate Hartnett's career)? Doesn't that count as criminal nowadays?

I'm sure almost anything counts as criminal these days.

But in terms of disrupting/obstructing, their tone was celebratory and convivial, they praised him, they left when asked (or INSTRUCTED!). A brief interlude in their quaffing and swapping tips on taxdodging.

So Mr Mitchell's long and gruelling day included lunch at "Britain's poshest curry house" (Sun) followed by dinner at a private Conservative members' club (Times). No wonder he was in no mood to be trifled with. I'm sure that will elicit the sympathy and respect of all the wage slaves and owners of small businesses up and down the land.

Perhaps in between courses, he had to make some "tough decisions", like "Shall I follow through my threat to have this oafish Plod sacked?"

Out of interest , Is it standard practise to release notes from a policemans notebook to the press ?

Once altered and doctored to suit needs then yes it is it seems. It's one of them paradox things, Police always lie / Tories always lie. If they are not careful they will tear time and we will all be gone.

Â