The New Condem Government

bickster

Interesting he is using some of the same language that New Labour used, in his speech outside No. 10.

"Responsibility, instead of entitlement". "Giving back, instead of what am I owed?"

The biggest problem is how to cut the over inflated public sector and invest in more small buisnesses to create jobs without pissing everyone off and causing some form of angsty revolt.

Thats pretty much as I see it too.

Wonder how co-operative the unions will be to change

As it'll more than likely mean thousands of people losing there jobs I dare say the Unions won't be overly pleased.

Expect numerous strikes, massive disruption and mass protests.

Some of the pun headlines are great: "Dave New World" says the Sun and "Brokered Britain" says the Guardian - is the press like this in the rest of the world or is it just us that feel the need for comedy headlines?

Interesting problem just brought up by Michael Crick - what happens at a by-election? Will the Lib Dems and Tories both stand?

Oh, they'll both stand. If I was Cameron I'd be trying to win every by-election possible to reduce the dependency on the coalition. Enough by-elections and enough wins and the coalition can be junked.

Have I missed the announcement from the Libdems saying that they are behind the coalition or do we just take it as read.

No, you haven't missed anything.

They're still in the parliamentary party stage, I think.

Then they've got the federal executive after that, I think.

Oh, they'll both stand. If I was Cameron I'd be trying to win every by-election possible to reduce the dependency on the coalition. Enough by-elections and enough wins and the coalition can be junked.

I could see why that might happen but one government party campaigning against another? I'm not sure how clever that would be or how, exactly, it would play out.

No, you haven't missed anything.

They're still in the parliamentary party stage, I think.

Then they've got the federal executive after that, I think.

They wouldnt not give it their seal of approval though would they.

If something happens to Cameron (illness etc) and was not fit and healthy enough would we see a predominantly Tory Government with a Libdem acting PM

The biggest problem is how to cut the over inflated public sector and invest in more small buisnesses to create jobs without pissing everyone off and causing some form of angsty revolt.

Thats pretty much as I see it too.

Wonder how co-operative the unions will be to change

As it'll more than likely mean thousands of people losing there jobs I dare say the Unions won't be overly pleased.

Expect numerous strikes, massive disruption and mass protests.

Well if you don’t invest money into new jobs and if you’d had a tax on jobs through a NI rise, then how on earth can you expect the private, wealth creating, sector to pick up the slack from the inevitable losses in the public sector?

Although the first public job losses of the new government pleased me- seeing all the likes of Bradshaw, Balls and Harman tossed out of a job.

Â