The New Condem Government

bickster

been up down and around west country and Devon today, if posters in fields and posters in windows are anything to go by the votes fell a little like this

Conservative 0%

Labour 0%

Libs 0%

UKIP 100%

not the most scientific poll ever, but bloody hell

Yeah funnily enough I noticed the same on the school run today ... I assumed you put one up so that your neighbours would move out ?

been up down and around west country and Devon today, if posters in fields and posters in windows are anything to go by the votes fell a little like this

Conservative 0%

Labour 0%

Libs 0%

UKIP 100%

not the most scientific poll ever, but bloody hell

From my experience many UKIP supporters are extremely over-zealous. They're basically the Liverpool fans of politics - loud, fanatic, blinkered, have a victim complex and think there's a massive conspiracy against them.

That said, I can still understand why they get the support they do in European elections. If you want out of the EU then they're the only major party offering that directly. I'd probably even consider voting for them myself but the populism, xenophobia and their general attitude, not to mention a lot of their supporters, really puts me off.

Oh yeah, and they've made the Telegraph's comments sections unreadable now.

Edited by Mantis

Just voted. It's a great feeling to know I've not just completely wasted my time pissing in the wind. Every vote gets counted under PR for the euro election. The system most of our politicians kicked into the long grass after a successful ****, fudge and lie campaign. They only want to count your vote if it suits them.

Unfortunately, UKIP are a single issue party and this is their issue. They'll get a lot of euro sceptic Tory voters and they've had a massive amount of airtime.

That said, I can still understand why they get the support they do in European elections. If you want out of the EU then they're the only major party offering that directly.

Greens want a referendum but will campaign to stay in and make it more democratic

I shall, tomorrow, for the first time ever and as a one time only gig, be trotting off up to the polling station and 'taking part'. I shall be spoiling my ballot paper.

Done.

"That's five in five minutes - ridiculous how it goes," muttered the ballot wallahs to each other. As per AvFc above, they seemed surprised - perhaps even to the level of concern.

Edited by snowychap

Just been and voted, got absolutely drenched walking up there. The polling station was empty and the guy behind the desk looked surprised to see someone.

Sounds like my area. The guy usually thanks me for turning up.

• Like 1

I hope this is going to be the high water mark of UKIP before a steady decline. I know a LOT of people who are going to vote for them.

Nigel was on"this week" errrm last week and it was interesting that Nigel said UKIP were picking up support from both Tory and labour voters ... He then said ( and the labour bloke , green bird and Portillo kinda agreed / nodded ) that he expected Tory voters would return to the Tory party and vote for them in a general election but that the indication was that they could / would keep a lot of labour votes

Be interesting to see if he is right ....

Nigel-Farage-with-Thatche-008.jpg

yes that was defo a contributory factor

took my nipper with me, insisted on seeing where the cross went and then tried to blackmail me with a threat to shout it out!!!

a simple 'go for it' soon put pay to that scam

• Like 1

Ours had at least six different loony right wing parties on the ticket.

I'm sure this ought to be in the quiz thread but I'll give it a go:

Conservative

UKIP

We Demand a Referendum Party

New Labour

BNP

Yorkshire born for YCCC

Â