The New Condem Government

bickster

I shall be voting Green in local and Euro. I'm voting Green in the local elections because the Labour Party leaflet told me specifically that they could not win my ward, the inference being that a vote for the Greens would be a wasted vote… I would probably have voted Green in the local elections anyway but I'm doing it with a bit more determination now

In this Eurolection how many goes do you get? just vote for one or is it one of those first second third choice things?

There's a bunch of MEPs for each area aren't there?

In this Eurolection how many goes do you get? just vote for one or is it one of those first second third choice things?

There's a bunch of MEPs for each area aren't there?

One vote but you actually vote for a party not a candidate unless the candidate is an independent. Seats then allocated on a quota basis to the parties

• Like 1

Euros only around here, no local elections.

In the Euros I wanted to vote for those Polish girls but apparently they're not in it.

So it's Plaid.

Dead Men won't wear it!

• Like 1

Priti Patel has to be one of the thickest MP's ever. Remember her on question time arguing for the reintroduction of the death penalty? Look it up. This woman isn't just backward, she's dangerous with views like that.

But now, she's gone one step further. It seems she accepts bribes from the tobacco industry too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-mp-who-led-plain-3578709

Priti Patel has to be one of the thickest MP's ever. Remember her on question time arguing for the reintroduction of the death penalty? Look it up. This woman isn't just backward, she's dangerous with views like that.

But now, she's gone one step further. It seems she accepts bribes from the tobacco industry too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-mp-who-led-plain-3578709

She isn't even all that Priti. 

I shall, tomorrow, for the first time ever and as a one time only gig, be trotting off up to the polling station and 'taking part'. I shall be spoiling my ballot paper.

Dirty protest?

Well, I probably shan't wash before I go if that's what you mean. :D

I hope this is going to be the high water mark of UKIP before a steady decline. I know a LOT of people who are going to vote for them.

• Like 1

I hope this is going to be the high water mark of UKIP before a steady decline. I know a LOT of people who are going to vote for them.

Same, and I say this is a Eurosceptic conservative.

I guess I can see why people vote for them in European elections but it pisses me off that they seem to be getting a lot of support in local elections too. They barely have any policies that don't involve the EU and most of it's just populist claptrap anyway.

• Like 1

been up down and around west country and Devon today, if posters in fields and posters in windows are anything to go by the votes fell a little like this

Conservative 0%

Labour 0%

Libs 0%

UKIP 100%

not the most scientific poll ever, but bloody hell

• Like 1

Nigel was on"this week" errrm last week and it was interesting that Nigel said UKIP were picking up support from both Tory and labour voters ... He then said ( and the labour bloke , green bird and Portillo kinda agreed / nodded ) that he expected Tory voters would return to the Tory party and vote for them in a general election but that the indication was that they could / would keep a lot of labour votes

Be interesting to see if he is right ....

Â