Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

taken from the telegraph website - prob bull but hey:

Until now MacDonald has been given no authority to scout for new players, leaving the club’s transfer policy in limbo, but Randy Lerner - the club’s owner - and chief executive Paul Faulkner met with MacDonald today to discuss the transfer market, which closes in a week’s time.

The problem has not been helped by the departure of Ian Storey-Moore, who held the position of chief scout under O’Neill. Performing a similar role in an acting basis is Tony FitzGerald, but it is understood that any business is dependant on whether MacDonald gets the permanent role.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I heard it mentioned during the commentary on Sunday...not sure if it is a good thing or not. Short term it may be a problem, but we'll hopefully replace him eventually with someone of equal or better quality..

taken from the telegraph website - prob bull but hey:

Until now MacDonald has been given no authority to scout for new players, leaving the club’s transfer policy in limbo, but Randy Lerner - the club’s owner - and chief executive Paul Faulkner met with MacDonald today to discuss the transfer market, which closes in a week’s time.

The problem has not been helped by the departure of Ian Storey-Moore, who held the position of chief scout under O’Neill. Performing a similar role in an acting basis is Tony FitzGerald, but it is understood that any business is dependant on whether MacDonald gets the permanent role.

ISM would probably have not been ignored quite so often with Kevin Mack doing the job. Blind loyalty to MON or what?

Usual to see the back room staff move on once a manager has left. After all, most of the back room staff are there because of the manager, and will follow him around.

BUt ISM was brought in by DOL and from what I heard MON didnt really follow up his suggestions so strange he left with him

Usual to see the back room staff move on once a manager has left. After all, most of the back room staff are there because of the manager, and will follow him around.

BUt ISM was brought in by DOL and from what I heard MON didnt really follow up his suggestions so strange he left with him

this is my understand also, ISM made several suggestions from the UK and from abroad but most of his suggestions were blanked, i'm sure ISM said as much or one of the ITK boys said as much 5 or 6 months ago, that ISM was getting highly pissed off with having a pretend job as he was not being listened to.

I dont' know why everyone's moaning there's only 1 signing so far this summer -

Standard procedure with MON for other transfer windows has been end of deadline dealings, so Randy Lerner & Paul Faulkner ought be used to the drill by now..even though he's left.