Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

as we're apparently a mini mancity, it could be a good idea to get rid and make up their wages to what they'd be on if they stayed, i.e. until the end of what would have been their contract. All parties stand to gain from this arrangement. Players keeps his inflated wages for a year or two, he gets first team football at a lower club and we get him off our books and pay substantially less per week for someone that never plays.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can cash in on Friedel now we might aswell, he's not getting any older, he's 39, and he's not exactly world class. A couple of million to Fulham should do it. We should put a bid in for Given or a young keeper who is decent because Guzan is nowhere near PL standard.

I might be wrong, but didn't Friedel cost us around £500k? If so, then I really doubt we could get more than that if we sold him on.

If we can cash in on Friedel now we might aswell, he's not getting any older, he's 39, and he's not exactly world class. A couple of million to Fulham should do it. We should put a bid in for Given or a young keeper who is decent because Guzan is nowhere near PL standard.

I might be wrong, but didn't Friedel cost us around £500k? If so, then I really doubt we could get more than that if we sold him on.

£3.5m

£3.5m

Where did I get £500k from? :D

£3.5m

If thats true :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brad is a good keeper but he was 37 when we signed him and that is terrible money. Given went 6 months later for about 5-6 million

£3.5m

No

Ossie and Salifou would be very good players for teams in the next division down. If they were offered for a free transfer someone would snap them up with no problems at all. For some reason MON thought they were decent backup, but Kev playing Hogg the other night suggests that others will now come through and take their places. So they may well leave yet.

Salifou may not get a new work permit though, so he'll have to go elsewhere.

Diarra from Real Madrid?

hes a DM isnt he?

Blackburn are sniffing around we must be able to compete with them surely

Apparantly Spurs were quoted £8.5m for him.

Get him with the Milner money, then we'd have some money left over to buy a striker (or not, I don't mind if we stick with Gabby, Carew & the Fonz).

Although, if Spurs are interested - he'd probably prefer to go there instead of to us.

There is a reason he's been at so many clubs already.

This. I'm sure we would be seen as just a 'stepping stone' for him. Good player though.

Diarra would be using us as a stepping stone?