Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was Villa manager, I'd put a bid in for Andy Carrol.

Impressed me on Monday (bar the miss) and I think he'd do well in our team.

If I was Villa manager, i wouldn't.

This. :lol:

I thought we were meant to be improving?

Shame on you two.

He only went and scored a hat-trick past our lads today.

Wouldn't improve us at all! :winkold:

I'm another who was impressed with Carroll and I think he'll be a handful this season - and on Sunday. Not that I'd go as far as actually buying him, but he is definitely key to their success and is a lot better than I thought he was.

:cheers:

We need, as i've been saying for ages, a proper DM, a striker, and maybe even a keeper! Old Brad ain't as quick and flexible as he once was. We also obviously need a manager. I'm very hurt by todays result, but i'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Hmmm. Eight days to go, no manager and none on the immediate horizon so I'm guessing no more signings during this window. That's a pity as I think we need a keeper, a left back, a right back, two central midfielders and a pair of strikers.

The only thing keeping me going this summer is this thread though! Lol.

Even the slight chance of us signing someone takes away my attention from the shambles this summer has been for the villa.

I agree with other posters that we are only a few players away from a good team, but i think it is more a winger we need. I think NRC is decent and good cover for Ireland and Petrov and we still have Delph to come back.

Sidwell should go, and that still leaves Bannan, Downing who I think will be a CM eventually and Young who is playing in the hole right now.

So I think we need a winger. With Young playing centrally, Downing IMO being better in the middle, Milner fionally gone, and Albrighton only being a kid, its the wide areas that need our attention.

We are still a team that likes to get it wide and get balls in, and I think we need to get a decent winger to add competition for places and maybe even replace DOwning on the left, leaving him the opportunity to fight for a midfield space.

My (in a few months) Villa front 6

Ireland, Petrov, Delph

Albrighton,Downing

Gabby

But I'd love to see a new LW to replace Downing so DJ can battle for a spot with Delph

A long term successor so Stan who caould play 10 games or so this year would be nice too.

the idea of downing playing as a centre mid scares the hell out of me.

Goes invisible more than sidwell cant tackle and wont commit to any challenges and doesnt have the heart to track back and pick up his man ticks none of the boxes required for that position imo

If we can cash in on Friedel now we might aswell, he's not getting any older, he's 39, and he's not exactly world class. A couple of million to Fulham should do it. We should put a bid in for Given or a young keeper who is decent because Guzan is nowhere near PL standard.

We also need to clear out Beye, Davies, Sidwell, Salifou, Osbourne, Heskey and Carew

But that's not going to happen as that would mean we'd either have to sign 7/8 replacements in 8 days, or be left with **** all. I'm guessing it's going to be the latter. We need a serious clear out. I'd even get rid of Sidwell, Salifou, Osbourne and Heskey on frees to clear up the wage bill considering no one will pay for them.

I've said this before but I honestly believe we are a "mini" Man City. We have average players on ridiculous wages (Beye - 40k, Heskey - reported 80k?) so when it comes to offloading them they don't want to take a paycut and we are back to square one.

I don't even know why Osbourne is at the club, he's on 18k and is one of the worst players I've ever seen here... get rid.

If we can cash in on Friedel now we might aswell, he's not getting any older, he's 39, and he's not exactly world class. A couple of million to Fulham should do it. We should put a bid in for Given or a young keeper who is decent because Guzan is nowhere near PL standard.

We also need to clear out Beye, Davies, Sidwell, Salifou, Osbourne, Heskey and Carew

But that's not going to happen as that would mean we'd either have to sign 7/8 replacements in 8 days, or be left with **** all. I'm guessing it's going to be the latter. We need a serious clear out. I'd even get rid of Sidwell, Salifou, Osbourne and Heskey on frees to clear up the wage bill considering no one will pay for them.

I've said this before but I honestly believe we are a "mini" Man City. We have average players on ridiculous wages (Beye - 40k, Heskey - reported 80k?) so when it comes to offloading them they don't want to take a paycut and we are back to square one.

I don't even know why Osbourne is at the club, he's on 18k and is one of the worst players I've ever seen here... get rid.

You cant just 'get rid' of these players

If they are under contract someone has got to want to buy them first, and clubs arent exactly queing up for some of our players are they

If they are under contract someone has got to want to buy them first, and clubs arent exactly queing up for some of our players are they

I am aware of that - "get rid" was a colloquial term to describe "sell them". Lots of teams in the PL would be happy with the players we are trying to ship out but would they be happy paying their wages? I don't think so.

we need a serious clear out but we have no effin manager. we have a lot of very poor players who would struggle in lower leagues. we need to be very strict on the quality of players we bring in. we need to hire some private i to follow the chelsea man u and arsenal scouts around and just get a feel of the places we should be looking. all the top young players want to play in the cl but they all cant so theres a few we can get

I am aware of that - "get rid" was a colloquial term to describe "sell them". Lots of teams in the PL would be happy with the players we are trying to ship out but would they be happy paying their wages? I don't think so.

So how do you propose we get rid or sell them then? There is no way another premier league team would buy osbourne or salifou - no chance