Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are we, a **** shop?

They can **** off! We need footballers. We have money.

But were a business and if you use your shop term its like someone going to the Asda George collection and trying to pay £50 for a shirt.

We have money.

You really havnt been paying attention over the last couple of months have you?

You must have countless links suggesting we have no money then eh?

Its common knowledge that MON has to sell to buy if he wants to improve the squad?!

What are we, a **** shop?

They can **** off! We need footballers. We have money.

But were a business and if you use your shop term its like someone going to the Asda George collection and trying to pay £50 for a shirt.

Not really because ASDA is actually a shop. We're a football Club.

I just dont like it when we start thinking of what we should sell our players to Manchester poxy **** City for. Especially our best and homegrown ones.

Mazrim wrote:

We have money.

Erm I think you will find that you haven't been paying attention to Maz's post over the last few days??

Mazrim wrote:

We have money.

Erm I think you will find that you haven't been paying attention to Maz's post over the last few days??

Sorry...havnt been stalking Maz that much recently!!!

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

Mazrim wrote:

We have money.

Sorry...havnt been stalking Maz that much recently!!!

Obviously not.

Well to sum it up Maz has shown with various quotes from Randy that we don't operate a sell to buy policy. Obviously some sales will be made but that is not affecting our buying power.

Yeah, no worries. We had this debate yesterday.

Basically the Randy Lerner article has been totally misinterpreted by the press who say we have to sell to raise money for purchases. We dont. Its a load of bollocks. And some fans are believing it.

To sum up, Randy says:

- There is money to spend.

- If there are players we want we can go after them without having to raise the cash from sales.

- We wont spend £30m on one player.

- We dont need to in order to compete for the top 4.

- Top 4/silverware is still the aim.

- All clubs will want to move players on as well as buy.

etc...

The point being, money is no good to us compared to footballers because we're a football club. Good players are our lifeblood. We dont have Man City money but we dont need their money either.

So we should tell them to **** off and continue on our own way.

the sell thing isnt a "sell to buy coz we've got no money", it never was. it was always "sell to get the rubbish you bought and never play off the wage list before you bring in even more players coz your failures in the transfer market are costing us too much in unwarranted wages"

I just dont like it when we start thinking of what we should sell our players to Manchester poxy **** City for. Especially our best and homegrown ones.

I don't like it either. I don't like selling our best player to them two seasons running.

But this is football now, unfortunately for us, and luckily for them :(

The BBC rumours has Citeh making a £44m bid for Heskey and Sidwell

sold-tag1.jpg

We should bite their hands off!

DelboyVilla - How come your quotation boxes are all messed up? it says "Quote: XXX Says:...." instead of just "XXX Says:..."

I agree with the sentiment that players who Wenger choses to move on solomley do well, with Sidwell being the exception. :D

We cant afford a player like Eduardo in the villa side, we dont keep the ball enough. He'd be a good player to play when we're at home against the lesser sides, but we couldnt play him in games which are more stretched.