Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Oh my God, if only we could Podolski. Smash him in a CF role behind Gabby and let the rockets fly.

yep, 3 of them last season for koln

plus 1 year after buying him for e10million and putting him on a 4 year contract i cant see it happening for anywhere near a reasonable price

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God, if only we could Podolski. Smash him in a CF role behind Gabby and let the rockets fly.

Have you ever seen him play? :lol:

He gets about 1 shot on target in 6 attempts. He also doesn't like passing to his teammates half the time. Average and overrated, a player I would hope we'd stay clear of. His club record says it all.

Eddington wrote:

His 3 goals this year year would suggest his rockets stay airbourne longer than NASA shuttles.

I think we would have to change our kit to white shirts and black shorts, change the menu at BMH to sausage and sauerkraut and get MON and JR to start wearing matching jumpers and jackets before Lukas starting banging in the goals???

Terribly over-rated player who can only play well in four week bursts??

He gets about 1 shot on target in 6 attempts. He also doesn't like passing to his teammates half the time. Average and overrated, a player I would hope we'd stay clear of. His club record says it all.

I can't say i've seen him play for Club in quite a while, just watched him play for The Fuhrer. I suppose your all quite right, but if most of the shots are airborne all the time i would love to see one of them hit a pikey Small Heath or Scouse behind the goal.

His record for his country seems to suggest otherwise.

I'd suggest looking who he's scored his goals against, not exactly impressive.

Fair enough Eddington, he does do well in the World Cups but we really can do better.

Davies4England wrote:

Eddington wrote:

Have you ever seen him play?

Unfortunately his club record contradicts his international one??

Whatever you say about his club form, he clearly has ability which is shown at international level and i'd have him at villa.

If we signed him I (and we won't imo) I wouldn't care less how many goals he scored for Germany I would just be annoyed at how few he would be scoring in a Villa shirt! Vassell looked brilliant for England and had a good scoring record, i wouldn't want us to re-sign him though!!

Whatever you say about his club form, he clearly has ability which is shown at international level and i'd have him at villa.

40 international goals.

4 v San Marino (10-0 Win)

3 v Liechtenstein

3 v South Africa (Were poor at the time.)

2 v Luxembourg

2 v Thailand

2 v Slovakia (Poor at the time.)

1 v China

1 v Cyprus

1 v Azerbaijan

1 v Slovenia

Half of his goals against awful teams at the moment he played them. He's then got 11 goals in major competitions, something I'll admit he thrives in.

The only big sides he's scored against, excluding the major competitions are, Ireland, Russia, Switzerland and the Ivory Coast.

You then go to club level, in the past 4 seasons he's scored 17 goals in 98 games. Before then he got 24 in 30, albeit in the 2.Bundesliga, whilst in his other two seasons at Koln he got 22 in 51, probably a record which got him his reputation.

In top flight football, he has scored 39 goals in 149 games, top class that is :lol:

Your missing the fact he usually plays LM/LAM.

He's more of an inside forward for Germany, he is often their furthest player foward, and him and Muller are both expected to get goals.

At club level he usually plays as the main striker, so no excuses for him there. However he has had times where he's played the Germany role.

For me he's just very overhyped, doesn't really matter if he plays LW or ST for Germany he gets several chances and fluffs half of them.