Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

My realistic Summer transfer activity would be:

In's 1. Robbie Keane- Still a class player and creative as well as a good goalscorer- £7 million,

2. Beckford- Yes unproven in Prem but looks a natural goalscorer and looked good at Man U and Spurs in Leeds cup run.- Free

3. Scott Parker- One of the best holding midfield players in Prem and would be much better at the role than Petrov- £8 mill

4. Stephen Ireland- Last season he looked world class as an attacking midfield player. This year he has been pushed out... Can see Richard Dunne pushing for this one- £9 million

Total Outlay- £24 million

Out's

1. Heskey- £2 million

2. Shorey- £2 million

3. Sidwell- £3 million

4. Harewood- Nil

5. Bouma- Nil

6. Curtis Davies- £6 million

7. Beye- £1 million

Total recoup- £14 million

Net Spend- £10 million

I would tell Luke Young and Reo Cocker that they had futures at the club and to knuckle down and break into the team. I think for a net spend of just £10 million our squad would have more quality and I am sure Lerner would swallow that. Thoughts?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously believe that. Whenever NRC has played against Liverpool, he has totally outplayed Mascherano and make him look average!

It's all a matter of opinions but I just think he's terrible.

Yeah well he isn't Argentian and bought for a ridulous amount of money so he can't be good. :P

I would rather have NRC in my team too.

Or maybe he passes, tackles, shoots, runs, retains and all the rest of the attributes necessary to be a footballer better than Reo-Coker? Just a thought. :?

Well, he passes. Not massively well, but he certainly passes. Certainly not as well as Petrov. Or most other central midfielders.

Tackles, yup - he does. He's not bad at this. Which is pretty useful considering it's his whole raison d'être .

Shoots? Really? Two goals in a seven year career certainly suggests it's nothing something to be shouting about.

Runs? Certainly not with the ball.

Retains? Well, this falls into the passing bit really.

His distribution is slightly better than Reo-Coker. But so is most people's. Everything else - there's not really any difference.

Mascherano is better than NRC. He`s as good at tackling, as quick pretty much and is much better with the ball at his feet.

That's pretty much what I said.

But 'being slightly better than Reo-Coker' isn't really a pedastal that most top-level central-midfielders would want to be put on.

Mascherano is better than NRC. He`s as good at tackling, as quick pretty much and is much better with the ball at his feet.

That's pretty much what I said.

But 'being slightly better than Reo-Coker' isn't really a pedastal that most top-level central-midfielders would want to be put on.

I didnt say slightly better, you did. I think he`s a fair bit better. Certainly one of the better DM`s in the league.

I seriously believe that. Whenever NRC has played against Liverpool, he has totally outplayed Mascherano and make him look average!

Yeah well he isn't Argentian and bought for a ridulous amount of money so he can't be good. :P

Or maybe he passes, tackles, shoots, runs, retains and all the rest of the attributes necessary to be a footballer better than Reo-Coker? Just a thought. :?

Well, he passes. Not massively well, but he certainly passes. Certainly not as well as Petrov. Or most other central midfielders.

Tackles, yup - he does. He's not bad at this. Which is pretty useful considering it's his whole raison d'être .

Shoots? Really? Two goals in a seven year career certainly suggests it's nothing something to be shouting about.

His distribution is slightly better than Reo-Coker. But so is most people's. Everything else - there's not really any difference.

Spot on.

Reo Coker even sat him on the bench when he was at West Ham because he was shite.

And he loses the benefit of Alonso and an in form Gerrard and suprise suprise, he looks shite again.

World Class, my arse.

Honestly there can be no comparison between Mascherano and Reo-Coker. Anyone even trying to compare Reo to Mascherano are talking out of their arse.

Two limited defensive midfielders who would need to add a hell of a lot to their game before they are as good as they think they are? Seems like an apt comparison to make.

I didnt say slightly better, you did.

I didn't say that you did say 'slightly better'.

Mascherano is terrible!

Reo-Coker is a better player IMO

Mascherano is the most over rated player in the world!

Just watch him closely when he plays for Liverpool or when he plays for Argentina in the world cup, you'll see how distinctly average he really is!

Zatman?

What?

I rate mascherano a lot he is a dirty little b*****d which all the top teams have like Dunga, Makelele etc. Not the most glamorous player but a guy who has teh respect of his teammates. He is a million times better than NRC and only reason he was behind him at West Ham was bad management.

This thread has gone mad anyway. Mascherano and Tevez :shock:

Mascherano is terrible!

Reo-Coker is a better player IMO

Mascherano is the most over rated player in the world!

Just watch him closely when he plays for Liverpool or when he plays for Argentina in the world cup, you'll see how distinctly average he really is!

Zatman?

What?

I rate mascherano a lot he is a dirty little b*****d which all the top teams have like Dunga, Makelele etc. Not the most glamorous player but a guy who has teh respect of his teammates. He is a million times better than NRC and only reason he was behind him at West Ham was bad management.

This thread has gone mad anyway. Mascherano and Tevez :shock:

Spot on.

Reo Coker even sat him on the bench when he was at West Ham because he was shite.

And he loses the benefit of Alonso and an in form Gerrard and suprise suprise, he looks shite again.

World Class, my arse.

Totally agree.

I think selling NRC would be madness.

Apologies if already posted. As always, probably nothing in it.......

SSN

Deportivo La Coruna ace Juan Rodriguez has been linked with a move to England after contract negotiations stalled.

The 28-year-old defensive midfielder has been with Depor since 2006, following a move from Malaga.

He is now considered one of Depor's top performers and has been in talks over a new deal with his current contract due to expire in 12 months.

So far he has shunned two offers from Depor, and that has led to speculation that he could be set for a move to England with Everton and Aston Villa both linked.

His agent Manuel Sanchez Quilon confirmed that talks have halted between the two parties.

"It is normal that we look at the options, Juan is a footballer with big quality - but at the moment the talks have stopped," he told La Opinion.

"We want the club to value a man who has played over 40 matches for them each season.

"We have normal demands, they are normal and not exorbitant.

"They are the ones who have the answers to the questions."

Good shout

Doubt Wenger will let him go though and he's far too skilful for MON

Best stick to the cloggers like Young, Carew, Milner etc etc etc..... what a dumb comment - sorry but it is :winkold: