Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive a feeling we will be after Kenwyne Jones, young, athletic and i feel we could get that bit extra out of him to make him a top forward.

Bruce wants ridiculous money for him and its not like they need money desperately

Don't think I'd take Bellamy now to be honest.

If we are looking at forwards in this country who could be within our range then I suppose you are looking at Doyle, Rodellaga, Ebanks-Blake, Zamora, Carlton Cole, Pavlyuchenko (sic), Piquionne, Fletcher, Davies, Jason Roberts, Kalinic

Bit of trivia;

"Kevin Davies is one of eight English players to have (in a single transfer) cost over £7 million and never represented their country at senior level. This list includes Nigel Reo-Coker, Anton Ferdinand, Curtis Davies, Carl Cort, Dean Richards, Adam Johnson and Chris Smalling."

I like Kevin Davies though. He works hard. I say we issue a swap deal + £3million for him with Heskey going the other way.

Liverpool are after Banega for 8.5m. I don't think it would happen, but this is the sort of player that could change our team, for the better.

As i said in other thread he would make Aquilani look physical and not a Rafa type player

I like Kevin Davies though. He works hard. I say we issue a swap deal + £3million for him with Heskey going the other way.

Not for me thanks, hard workers alone won't improve us.

I think Kevin Davies would be a good signing for us, a proper presence and would score more than Heskey which aint too difficult.

He always seems a handful when he plays against us so why not give him a bash playing with better players getting better service.

Out

Heskey (2.5m)

Carew (4m)

Sidwell (2.5m)

Salifou (250k)

Beye (2m)

NRC (5m)

Davies (6m)

Young (3m)

Shorey (2.5m)

+ 10-12m from Mr Lerner

IN

Onouha (5m)

Clyne (1.5m)

Benayoun (5m)

Rickie Lambert (4m)

Doyle (7.5m)

Parker (6.5m)

Prince-Boateng (3m)

Danny Fox (2m)

Add The Fonz, Albrighton, Clark and Baker to get more games would give us a good balance.

GK, Friedal, Guzen

DF, Warnock, Fox, Onounha, Clyne, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Clark, Baker

MF, Young, Milner, Downing, Petrov, Delph, Parker, Benayoun, KPB, Albrighton

ST Agbonlahor, Defouneso, Lambert, Doyle, Weimann

Just my opinion

All gettable and all would improve the squad.

Sadly I fear we have Heskey for the remainder of his career

unless he has a great World Cup and Real Madrid try to buy him for 30 million

If that offer were on the table I'd be back to filling the car with diesel

Wanky source

Manchester City Line Up £45m Aston Villa Duo

by Steven Constable on May 12th, 2010

Manchester City will this summer attempt an audacious Villa Park raid as they look to sign England pair Gabriel Agbonlahor and Ashley Young. Roberto Mancini has placed both attackers at the top of his summer wish list and hopes to convince the duo that they are more likely to fulfill their Champions League aspirations at Eastlands than at Aston Villa.

Mancini is looking to increase his ‘homegrown’ contingent ahead of the new Premier League regulations set to come into force next season and believes that a bid in the region of £45m could tempt Randy Lerner into cashing in on the pair, especially after seeing his side fail to break into the top four.

Having persuaded former Villa captain Gareth Barry to make just such a move, Manchester City hope to make a successful move for both players by offering them huge pay increases. Gabriel Agbonlahor has had the best season of his career but was unable to force his way into the England’s provisional World Cup squad and left winger Ashley Young was similarly overlooked by Fabio Capello.

Roberto Mancini is apparently keen on reshuffling his City pack and wants to refresh his attacking options and sees the intelligent England pair as just the players to help him push towards the top four next season.

Out

Heskey (2.5m)

Carew (4m)

Sidwell (2.5m)

Salifou (250k)

Beye (2m)

NRC (5m)

Davies (6m)

Young (3m)

Shorey (2.5m)

+ 10-12m from Mr Lerner

IN

Onouha (5m)

Clyne (1.5m)

Benayoun (5m)

Rickie Lambert (4m)

Doyle (7.5m)

Parker (6.5m)

Prince-Boateng (3m)

Danny Fox (2m)

Add The Fonz, Albrighton, Clark and Baker to get more games would give us a good balance.

GK, Friedal, Guzen

DF, Warnock, Fox, Onounha, Clyne, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Clark, Baker

MF, Young, Milner, Downing, Petrov, Delph, Parker, Benayoun, KPB, Albrighton

ST Agbonlahor, Defouneso, Lambert, Doyle, Weimann

Just my opinion

All gettable and all would improve the squad.

....so lets get this straight, you want to flog our top goalscorer for £4m....and replace him with League 1 hot-shot for the same money......get rid of our best combative midfielder and a future England centre back and replace them with dross from relegated (and almost relegated clubs)...???

Do you smoke or inject ?.........