Jez

Tata Luis. Suarez will be gone this window.

Spoken to a Uruguain journo that he's had enough of the British Press and wants out.

This doesn't mean anything.

he'll no doubt show the same loyalty as gerrard and agree to stay because he loves the club so much *cough" £180k a week contract *cough*

Tata Luis. Suarez will be gone this window.

Spoken to a Uruguain journo that he's had enough of the British Press and wants out.

This doesn't mean anything.

Are you saying a journalist would make something up?

No, I think he is saying that just because a player states he would like to sign for Real Madrid doesn't necessarily mean that he is going to sign for Real Madrid.  

I don't think Liverpool will miss Suarez all that much.  Sturridge & Coutinho look like they have plenty of goals in them.  If I were Liverpool I would be tempted to sell. 

Im not so sure.  There are not many teams that can do without their best player.  

Sturridge and Coutinho could definitely carry them through periods of the year, but the whole season?

Im not so sure.  There are not many teams that can do without their best player.  

Sturridge and Coutinho could definitely carry them through periods of the year, but the whole season?

Why not? 

And what if Liverpool get £35-40m for Suarez and spend the money on a decent centre half and a replacement for an ageing Steevie Gee? 

And what if Liverpool get £35-40m for Suarez and spend the money on a decent centre half and a replacement for an ageing Steevie Gee? 

If that happened they would not have done too bad.  However thats to say that both these signings work out, and they would still have to rely on the 2 youngsters to score the goals for a whole season.

As a side issue they are never going to replace Gerrard, hes a once in a generation player that they were lucky enough has a true affiliation for their club.

Edited by Nigel

As a side issue they are never going to replace Gerrard, hes a once in a generation player that they were lucky enough has a true affiliation for their club.

except when he hand in a transfer request and got death threats to stay ;)

Why not? 

Because they are not experienced enough to carry that weight of expectation yet.  

This also assumes that they are as good as they appeared to be during the last few months of the year, which in the case of Sturridge is questionable.

except when he hand in a transfer request and got death threats to stay ;)

He wouldn't be the first to have received that level of intimidation.  

You have to give credit where its due, I wish more footballers had his affinity with their clubs!

like i said earlier, gerrards loyalty to the club had nothing to do with the huge contract that he was offered after his agent made claims that he was close to signing for chelsea...

nor terry's when he was "close" to signing for man city, or rooney, or lampard...

i hate this "loyalty" when they sign up for a £40k a week (and the rest) pay increase, i suspect the whole thing to be made up bollocks by agents

like i said earlier, gerrards loyalty to the club had nothing to do with the huge contract that he was offered after his agent made claims that he was close to signing for chelsea...

Well I dont know what really happened, only what I read and hear.  

True he was offered a massive increase, but if you think it would have been more than Chelsea would have offered I would guess you would be mistaken.

Citeh linked with Jesus Navas ? How would he fit into their system :S

Impossible. Jesus Navas will never ever leave Sevilla. He suffers from homesickness.

I don't think it's as bad as it used to be.  He did go to the World Cup in South Africa, which was also seen as 'impossible' beforehand.  There are a couple of quotes floating about that suggest he'd be interested in a move away, too.  Sevilla may be loathe to lose such a player, but would benefit financially.

nor terry's when he was "close" to signing for man city, or rooney, or lampard...

i hate this "loyalty" when they sign up for a £40k a week (and the rest) pay increase, i suspect the whole thing to be made up bollocks by agents

for the record Terry was never close to nearly signing for Man City