Jez

How can you argue about one guy saying "He does the most important thing, puts the ball in the net"

yet when someone else does it, it's not good enough!?

Just because he's at Sunderland doesn't mean he'd get more goals at United. Football doesn't work that way. :?

Just like players sometimes don't bring records at Club level to International. There is more pressure, you also aren't the main man. At Sunderland, he's the one on the end of most of the chances. Bigger teams, the chances are usually falling too most attacking players as because opponents sit back and also are more concentrated when playing a better team then you need varied ways of attacking and not just through the same man everytime.

Bent in my opinion would struggle for past 12-13 goals per season for Man United because he simply isn't good enough.

As you pointed out, Bent does it at Sunderland with the likes of Andy Reid supplying him and Higuain does it with Ronaldo and Kaka providing the ammunition.

Yes, it does work like that because he is a natural goalscorer and would score goals in any team in world football

It doesn't work like that though does it....because instead, you get people like Ronaldo, Kaka, moving into spaces you want to move into to get into a goalscoring opportunity. Look at Rooney now. Ronaldo is a better player than Valencia but Valencia works in a team and is able to create more goals for Rooney.

Also, there are natural goalscorers in every division from Scottish League to my local league. Why do you think people like Huntelaar can score so many, then move to a big club and struggle? because he's not the main man.

I'd say there are more cases of footballers moving to bigger clubs with a great reputation with a smaller club as a striker and then failing as there is success. At a higher level, you need to be able to do more than score goals because you need to be involved and create for your team and be intelligent in the way you play to allow space for your team-mates. Bent doesn't have this, he's a smaller club very good striker. That is it, hence why no top managers have been in for him and when he was at a top 6 club in Spurs, Redknapp showed him the door and i'd say he's a pretty good judge of players.

im sure id seen moyes saying he hadnt seen anyone at the WC he was interested in, but they've signed slovakia's GK mucha on a bosman (was this agreed pre WC AG?)

and how many threads have to be ruined by darren bloody bent? just give him his own thread and leave all the bollocks in there FFS

im sure id seen moyes saying he hadnt seen anyone at the WC he was interested in, but they've signed slovakia's GK mucha on a bosman (was this agreed pre WC AG?)

and how many threads have to be ruined by darren bloody bent? just give him his own thread and leave all the bollocks in there FFS

That was agreed in January. Link

What Moyes actually said was he wouldn't be buying anyone solely on if they impressed at the World Cup.

Higuain only scores so many goals because he plays for Real Madrid. If he played for a club that doesn't create too many chances he wouldn't score nearly as much.

For example, in the summer with Argentina, Higuain scored 3 goals but for someone as good as people make out, he should easily have scored 5 IMO.

I remember seeing quite a few chances that Higuain wasted.

Reports emanating from Hull saying Tom Cairney is in talks with Everton about a move of cash+player (looking likely to be James Vaughan). Replacement for Gosling?

great signing- future England CM partnership imo

Higuain only scores so many goals because he plays for Real Madrid. If he played for a club that doesn't create too many chances he wouldn't score nearly as much.

For example, in the summer with Argentina, Higuain scored 3 goals but for someone as good as people make out, he should easily have scored 5 IMO.

I remember seeing quite a few chances that Higuain wasted.

I agree entirely, he's dreadful

Reports emanating from Hull saying Tom Cairney is in talks with Everton about a move of cash+player (looking likely to be James Vaughan). Replacement for Gosling?

Delph? Gary Gardner?

Delph? Gary Gardner?

:D hopefully 1 of them will be in a 3

I haven't seen much of Cairney but from what I have seen he doesn't look anything special although you have to be good to be playing in the Premier League at the age of 19. I also thought he was a CB.

he is a special player, great touch and technique, he scored a great goal at Goodison last season, he plays CM, be a great signing for Everton, 10x better than Gosling

Complete cock but a good player.

Amen to that brother!

Didnt they lock him in a loo on the coach while travelling to an away game when he was a Norwich cause he was such a cock?

I think he would suit is very nicely IMO, would be a great signing.

Complete cock but a good player.

Amen to that brother!

Didnt they lock him in a loo on the coach while travelling to an away game when he was a Norwich cause he was such a cock?

I think he would suit is very nicely IMO, would be a great signing.

I used to think that and he certainly has a habit of doing stupid things but generally speaking I think he is actually one of football's good guys. Take a look at the work he does in Africa and see if it changes your views about him at all Here

No saint but far worse out there than him in my view.

He is on record as saying he wants to go home to Cardiff to finish his career and that his knee's haven't got more than a year or two left in them so I wouldn't take him personally.