Jez

@piersmorgan: If you go to Manchester City @Persie_Official - you'll be dead to me. DEAD.

A bit much isn't it.

I think of all the people in the world, all 7,000,000,000 people, Piers Morgan is the one who's opinion I care the least about. The man is an arsehole. The fact that he was still considered Arsenal's most embarrassing fan when Osama Bin Laden was still alive speaks volumes.

City have Tevez and Aguero, a potentially great partnership and Dzeko and Balotelli in reserve, they don't need him. If they do get him it will be to weaken a rival more than anything else.

City have Tevez and Aguero, a potentially great partnership and Dzeko and Balotelli in reserve, they don't need him. If they do get him it will be to weaken a rival more than anything else.

Really? A striker at the peak of his powers with 8 seasons worth of Champions League experience would only be signed by Manchester City to weaken a rival? I think they would be a much better side if they got Van Persie in and got rid of Dzeko who has flattered to deceive ever since he signed for the club.

Whether Tevez wants to stay or go still remains a point of debate but I'd be tempted to get rid of the bloke if I were Mancini as it's clear he cannot be trusted. It's almost too perfect that a player of Van Persie's quality is available this summer so lots of people will be assuming that City is a done deal, but I'd actually be more surprised if it doesnt happen.

The 70k figure is ridiculous. It's pure fabrication from the Liverpool end. Since when did Levy start giving out contracts that size to young players on their first contract? It would be totally out of sync with the previous decade. Liverpool fasn have made up figures as they don't waht to think he rejected them for us. But I seriously doubt he did "reject" them in the way they might see it anyway. With Suarez and Gerrard he was hardly likely to start anyway, so probably chose us for the simple fact he'd play more. I've been following this on RAWK all week and none of them have really considered that he might not want to be a bench warmer and have instead decided to believe it's abut money, when a simple look at our accounts over the last decade would show that's hugley unlikely.

He has got a much better contract from you than he would of had from us. Fact. I know how much we offered him so from that I'm guessing you lot offered him AT LEAST £35,000-45,000 pw. I had a great source on this all the way through. Go and read my posts on SC.

He moved for money but ho can blame him? I don't hold it against him as I'd do exactly the same, fair play.

Its so small time though that a very small minority are trying to play this as LFC offered him the same (or BETTER I have read on Twitter) money but he chose us as were the bigger club bollocks, even though there are reporters as clued in as Tony Barrett, Neil Jones and Ben Smith, who are proven to know everything at LFC, and are saying that he was offered a significantly better deal from Spurs. Spurs have a well better team atm, but we are the bigger club.

Levy isn't soft. He knew if he didn't significantly beat our wage offer he had no chance of getting him, mainly because of the Rodgers factor. Sigurdsson is very close to Rodgers (more than people realise) and trusts him implicitly with his career and is very sensitive regarding what Manager he has because of what happened at Hoffenheim, so he had to do something big to get him to not choose Rodgers. Kudos to Levy, he's a clever business man I'd love him instead of Ian Ayre.

The same source we had through the Gylfi saga also told us that hes certain VDV is off which was another reason that convinced Gylfi to sign (won't sit on bench - one of his worries with us) and why Levy pushed the boat out to get him. We'll have to wait and see if he's right, but with Modric going, if VDV goes as well and Adebayor isn't signed Spurs could be in trouble next season and fighting with LFC just for top 6.

If anyone cares LFC offered him £25,000 pw with add ons and future incentives on are new "Performance Related" wage structure. No will get a six figure salary at LFC again unless they earn it first, which is going to make this a difficult Summer of recruitment for LFC.

Okay you've convinced me. I dismissed it as nonsene when I read it in the press, but now some random guy on an internet forum has made it very clear that it's a "fact" there isn't much left to say. Given internet ITKs accuracy when it comes to more general predictions, such as transfers, there is no reason for me to doubt that they'd not know the very private details of contract offers. I bet just after your financial guys put together the package to offer Syg, they made sure a few photo copies were distributed to guys who may or may not decide to share it on internet forums. And i definitely woulnd't dispute the numbers you've out forward for our offer, as I'm sure you put your best effort in to your "guess," which is good enough for me.

A Tottenham fan and a Liverpool fan debating on a Villa site? I know there are one or two Man City fans that post on here, we need an Arsenal fan on board ready to argue when RVP **** off to City! (maybe)