Jez

If Man Utd were playing it like that, why not buy him last summer and loan him back to Blackburn? They'd have got him for half the price, even taking into account a bit of wages they'd have covered.

Probably because last summer they weren't as sure about him as he didn't have 40 1st team games under his belt.

Not to mention why on earth would Blackburn agree to that if they were sure about what they had? Why would they agree to sell him on the cheap and then play him to get him experience when they could just play him and sell him 12 months later for a lot more.

Ah, I see he wendt there from Copenhagen on a free. I assume he's good then. Or you just like Scandinavian blonds?

A little from column A, a little from column B. :winkold:

@SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

L'Equipe have announced that Newcastle target Kevin Gameiro has just signed a four-year deal with PSG #nufc

Great news if so

what do you think of him dvin?

I like him.. will do well at PSG with the service there, they also have owners from qatar involved now so they'll spend big i imagine.. great move and will get alot of goals there.

I wonder if that means exit for Hoarau? as I read somewhere spurs are after him..

i saw a rumour that madrid will pay £18m for him, seems cheap at half the price IMO

like zatman had put in the main transfer thread, dentinho has signed for shakhtar for around £6m, why do these brazilians love that league so much? is it the wages or that it can be seen as stepping stone? that means there is currently off the top of my head douglas costa, jadson, dentinho, willian, alex teixeira, fernandinho, guiliano in ukraine and then carlos eduardo, diego tardelli, jucilei, carioca, love in russia

its like every brazilian wonderkid on FM for the last 5 years has ended up in eastern europe

Chelsea might just sell Essien. He had a terrible season last year and he hasn't really been great because of injury since 2007/08. Graham Taylor once said "make sure your best players legs 'go' on somebody else's pitch" and now might be the time to cash in on Essien.

i saw a rumour that madrid will pay £18m for him, seems cheap at half the price IMO

like zatman had put in the main transfer thread, dentinho has signed for shakhtar for around £6m, why do these brazilians love that league so much? is it the wages or that it can be seen as stepping stone? that means there is currently off the top of my head douglas costa, jadson, dentinho, willian, alex teixeira, fernandinho, guiliano in ukraine and then carlos eduardo, diego tardelli, jucilei, carioca, love in russia

its like every brazilian wonderkid on FM for the last 5 years has ended up in eastern europe

Shakhtar are owned by the bloke who used to be the richest man in Europe (he may still be actually), he's quite willing to gamble money on prospects and will pay enough for them to just go 'Yeah, OK'. That would also explain why quite a few of their big players just don't leave, despite every window linking half of them to most of the worlds best clubs. I suspect that the Russian clubs that attract these players (because it's not all of them) also spend a pretty penny getting.

I also suspect that the Ukraine and Russian work permit system is much more lax than ours, and even if someone can't get through it palms can be oiled far easier than they would be in the 'big' leagues.

Put it together and you get the odd situation where places you'd imagine to not be high on the lit of any player, really, let alone Brazilian prospects, are full of them.

money from oligarchs plus they dont need a permit and most are guaranteed first choice football

with all the excitement on VT id missed these -

enyeama - lille (fm fans despair no £250k gk anymore)

caceres - sevilla

chopra - ipswich

dzsudzsak - anzhi

paloschi - milan

ander - bilbao

rafinha - bayern

amelia - milan

and good old genoa at it again - papastathopoulos, beretta, acerbi, birsa and ze eduardo, at a guess like they seem to do every summer they've swapped 3/4 players as part of the boateng/amelia to milan deal