Jez

Thing is, if they can't do a 'full' transfer and are pushed for time they could do a Loan till the end of the season and then hand over the big wonga in the summer (then they can spend it before the tax man gets his hands on it).

The Chelsea bid for Aguero was bullshit, it was their chairmen making out he could turn down offers according to The Guardians Sid Lowe.

Might or might not be the case with Spurs i suppose.

yeah im sure it was sid who i heard do an interview, said SA has had the £35m buy out clause removed from his contract, atletico fans took this as well as their form as a sign to get the white hankies out, so the chairman made up a couple of bullshit stories in order to try and get the fans in his corner

i actually dont think spurs could afford him IMHO, £35 - £40m up front, £120k+ a week, if they didnt get CL again...

Liverpool made 30mill bid for Carroll?, Torres surely gone?

£30m for Carroll, makes Bent look like bargain of the centuary.

The Newcastle the idiots of century for turning it down. :lol:

Time to 'scrap' January transfer window - LMA

Scrap something which provides so much entertainment outside the 90 minutes your team are on the pitch? No thanks.

Even when we had MON and windows weren't the most exciting it's hard to keep away from Sky Sports/BBC Sport/VT for all the gossip and general chaos of the thing, I'm sure my F5 key will be well broken by the end of the day.

It's the one time the strict "this is a business" logic of modern football breaks down and it all just goes mental, £30m for Carroll?! £50m for Torres?! Great stuff :)

half a season makes him a £30m player? Laughable.

And people dared to criticise the £18m we paid for Bent.

Liverpool spending £30m on a half season wonder in Carroll but value Charlie Adam who has had a equally good and short spell at the top at closer to £4m :confused:

So glad we got Bent in before the striker merry go round starts