Jez

Word on the street is, Torres wants out. Transfer requested, verbally.

I hold my hands up. I was wrong. Sorry BOF, FRAN :)

It's shite tbh when teams come in and take you're best players, but I think you's could a lot with the money they would pay. Tbf, like I said Torres deserves to win something and at his age he's in his prime so why not get out now. No point in waiting for another few Years to get back in the champs league with Liverpool also. He's won a world cup so I'm sure he has a taste for winning now..

No apology necessary Bear. It's all a guessing game from our POV. I try and concentrate on interpreting the direct quotes and it was a thinly veiled coded message as I pointed out. It sucks for you to be losing your best player but hell if you get a shedload of cash - and you will - then you could turn Torres into 4 quality players and then you're back on the right road. I bet it doesn't feel like that now though.

No apology necessary Bear. It's all a guessing game from our POV. I try and concentrate on interpreting the direct quotes and it was a thinly veiled coded message as I pointed out. It sucks for you to be losing your best player but hell if you get a shedload of cash - and you will - then you could turn Torres into 4 quality players and then you're back on the right road. I bet it doesn't feel like that now though.

Indeed.

An example that has been used before on VT, when we sold Andy Gray to Wolves for £1.5m (which was a British record fee at the time) the money was used to buy Peter Withe, Des Bremner and Tony Morley. I dont think any of them were as good as Gray was individually, but Villa became a better team by having three very good players instead of one great one. Within three seasons the team had won the league and European cup. Proof that no one player is bigger than the club.

Torres eh. What an enigma.

He's ridiculously good on his day. But I watch him now and wonder where the hell he has gone too. He's got no belief in those wonderful feet of his anymore, his confidence is absolutely shattered and I don't think that player will return in a Liverpool shirt. He needs to start again, without the same intense pressure. World football misses him.

Liverpool reject Torres transfer request, wonder how that will go down now. Not looking good is it, just shows how much he wants out and that he isn't Liverpool through and through after all. I never thought it would get to the stage that he'd hand in a request.

RAWK thread saying Torres wants out.

As for players scoring loads of goals in the Dutch league? Ronaldo was alright when he left, and that Van Nistelrooy fella wasnt bad either. It's not like everybody who has done well in it has flopped elsewhere, is it?

Romario

The difference between all of thoughs are that they were wanted by the elite clubs (Barca and United etc) rather than a midtable Liverpool. If he was great the big clubs or the ritch would be after him for that price. I see it as a big gamble, even if they keep Torres.

Well done Torres lad, well done! Finally seeing a bit of sense realising he is not going to win anything significant over the next 2-5 years with Liverpool. World class striker at the age of 26, time to move on for him to a club that can challenge for all of England and Europes top honours. Torres and Drogba is quite a frightening prospect when their both on top form. Lets all laugh at Liverpool :D.

It sucks BOF, I could barely enjoy my curry!

Ah no, I have to leave my heart out of football, it just doesn't belong there.

Night lads.

these storys are the reason i hate the dippers, compleat **** clowns and so many of them are pufe dickheads. these comments are from rawk by the way.

1. One thing I love is this attitude that he's "within his rights" to want to move if he's not happy.

Well last I looked, he's been **** shote for months. It's the responsibility of the players as much as the owners and the fans to make this club tick (remember the holy trinity?) Torres has acted like a spoilt little gobshite for months. Does he really think he'll achieve his footballing ambitions at Chelsea?

He's a **** greedy little shitbag. I hope Suarez bites his face off next week.

2. It's all about money these days. He'll be hated in Chelsea.

How anybody could **** Kenny over like this is beyond me. Absolutely disrespectful. One thing is to **** over us, the fans. Another thing is to look into the king's eyes and say you want to leave with 2 days left of the transfer window and no **** striker in the squad bar Ngog.

Liverpool fans are **** retarded..