Jez

If an understand the competition and the need for 2 keepers but buying 2 £10m first choice ones is the strange bit, I know it's barca and the chance of a life time but I'd imagine both of them will be unhappy if they got pintos role

Yeah, but the other side of that coin is getting to 35 years of age and wondering what the hell might have happened if you didn't turn Barca down.  

Manure signing Ander Herrera?

Never seen him play.

Good player, calm in possesion and excellent on the ball.

£30m is a crazy price though, but then every player they have signed for the past 12 months has been an overblown fee.

a few years back when bilbao smashed utd in europe he looked like a great talent, hard to tell if its because that type of player is so common in spain but since then he hasnt really stood out from the crowd and pushed on, £30m seems like a lot, not sure if they could for that money (or push it up to £35m) but he's not as good as kroos, gundogan, verratti, stootman IMO

Manure signing Ander Herrera?

Never seen him play.

Good player, calm in possesion and excellent on the ball.

£30m is a crazy price though, but then every player they have signed for the past 12 months has been an overblown fee.

who have they signed in the past 12 months?  my mind has gone blank.

its obviously hard to tell how long they'd been chasing him for, who else was interested, or whether or not his experience at real means he's not overly interested in the very very top

but yeah on paper it looks like a move motivated by money, i also wonder how badly he's being advised, moving clubs 2 weeks in to a world cup the argies are going to do well in, why not just wait and see who else comes in for him?

zenit should be a decent team, garay, lombaerts, criscito, anyukov, danny, hulk, fayzulin, witsel, shatov, AVB, big new stadium next year, great city, champions league...

I'm sure they're just misunderstood. I mean, it's not as if they are vocal about their feelings.

Oh.

They are...

Landscrona, the largest Zenit fan club, released a manifesto Monday demanding the club field an all-white, heterosexual team. It added that ''dark-skinned players are all but forced down Zenit's throat now, which only brings out a negative reaction'' and said gay players were ''unworthy of our great city.''