Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably going to go back to Battlefield Bad Company 2. So much better.

Feels so horrible to play though. No a patch on COD!

I got sucked into it by all the gameplay vids as it looks amazing, but when you actually play it it's totally different. Didnt take long to go straight back to COD!

I agree. I dunno what it is about multiplayer games produced by DICE, but they are just so clunky and horrible to play. Some nice ideas but they are implemented horribly. Medal of honor is the same, although the single player in that is amazing. Multiplayer is the usual DICE shite though.

Battlefield 3 is looking promising though. I just aint gonna hold my breath.

This game is comfortably the worst of the series in the terms of connection, it's a mess. Its very rare i get through a game now without a host migration, which in a lot of cases, fails, leading to to the game bombing out and the lobby closing. Its bollocks.

Well, don't you think that's more to do with your end seeing as no one else is complaining of connection problems?

The servers to seem to be a little slow in comparison to MW2 however.

This game is comfortably the worst of the series in the terms of connection, it's a mess. Its very rare i get through a game now without a host migration, which in a lot of cases, fails, leading to to the game bombing out and the lobby closing. Its bollocks.

Well, don't you think that's more to do with your end seeing as no one else is complaining of connection problems?

The servers to seem to be a little slow in comparison to MW2 however.

No one else? you not visit any other gaming websites? Does everyone that plays this game post in the thread on this site only? Just because i'm the only person to have mentioned it in this thread, doesnt mean others are not having the same problem.

Too right it's slow in comparison to COD4/MW2, those two put it to shame in terms of connection, the games a mess. As i said, virtually every other game, the host leaves, the game tries to migrate to another player, and in most cases, it fails, so the games bombs out. Still get that connection error message appearing at the end of games aswell.

Have a look about the net, believe me, i'm not the only one suffering with these problems.

And to think them greedy words removed at Activision are thinking of making people that want to play online pay for a subscription, they want to fix the **** game first.

I still cant see Activision making the subscription model work. FPS isnt like MMO, people pay for a World of Warcraft subscription because there isnt really much in the way of an alternative that is as feature rich. There are more military FPS titles than you can shake a stick at and the second Activision demand an fee to may Call of Duty people will just jump to Battlefield or Medal of Honor or Killzone or Halo (etc)

Havent Activision just taken on another company to look after all the online side of things? Possibly another step in the direction of a subsription?

There have also been suggestions of dedicated servers if they bought in a sub for paying online, which would solve a lot of the issues Black Ops is suffering from.

Although it not good as its more money to have to shell out in addition to paying for an xbox live sub, but i'd probably pay it. Although there are a lot of first person shooters, i've not played one thats a good as COD online. Killzone 3 may change that, and Battlefield is good, but its not as fast paced as COD.

To be honest, i think the series may have seen its best days now Infinity Ward are virtually finished. They developed best games in the series, Treyarch have always been second best. I can't see the two new devs they got on the next game topping COD4/MW2. Hopefully the guys from IW will make something special at EA.

Maybe he means that it's absolutely pointless calling in helicopters as a killstreak. People are either invisble to them using Ghost pro, or they get shot down straight away. Usually a combination of the two.

Maybe he means that it's absolutely pointless calling in helicopters as a killstreak. People are either invisble to them using Ghost pro, or they get shot down straight away. Usually a combination of the two.

I see...yep it is pretty shite.

All in all im really very unimpressed with this game. :|

Thing is, I actually use Ghost a fair bit, but it's the manner in which they use it.

I'm an attacking player, and I'm successful at it (2.33 k/d), so when I use ghost, I generally use it to flank and to get in behind. But it seems to everyone else that it's just an excuse to sit in a **** corner with a silencer on too. That's another thing, they use a suppressor which just makes it even **** worse.

**** pathetic in all honesty.

[

No one else? you not visit any other gaming websites? Does everyone that plays this game post in the thread on this site only? Just because i'm the only person to have mentioned it in this thread, doesnt mean others are not having the same problem.

Too right it's slow in comparison to COD4/MW2, those two put it to shame in terms of connection, the games a mess. As i said, virtually every other game, the host leaves, the game tries to migrate to another player, and in most cases, it fails, so the games bombs out. Still get that connection error message appearing at the end of games aswell.

Have a look about the net, believe me, i'm not the only one suffering with these problems.

And to think them greedy words removed at Activision are thinking of making people that want to play online pay for a subscription, they want to fix the **** game first.

You're certainly not the only one and it seems to have affected PS3 players more too. Instead of continuously patching the 74u, I wish they'd finally do something to sort out the connection problems, I'm fed up of failed host migrations etc.

I've hardly played this over the last few months after absolutely caining it when it first came out, think the problems with connection has spoilt it a bit for me.

Is there a new map pack out for PS3? might get that and see if it reignites my enjoyment with it

Â