Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

I've noticed I've got better since plugging directly into the router and not using wireless.

See i play wireless and last night the lag was obvious, i would shoot people and nothing but as soon as they shot at me i was dead. Is that due to being wireless?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed I've got better since plugging directly into the router and not using wireless.

See i play wireless and last night the lag was obvious, i would shoot people and nothing but as soon as they shot at me i was dead. Is that due to being wireless?

I'm wirless and never really have a problem with connection. My connection speed at the absolute best of times is 1mb, and at the worst 0.15, and even then it's still possible to play, I'll very rarely have a 4 bar connection when it's like that, but a 3 is still very playable. Unless it drops to 2, you're good to go.

I had an amazing day for K/D yesterday, went up 0.8 in about 3 hours, which considering I have 11k kills is ridiculous.

I wouldn't say it's a definite reason, but you're more likely to have a stable connection if plugged in directly rather than using wireless. I used to get drops in connection all the time, I've had a solid full green bar since going hard wired.

Top tip for those average or below players such as myself who rarely get to use the bigger killstreaks. Use Hardline Pro and set Sam Turret, Care Package and Sentry gun. Every time you go on a 5 killstreak you get 3 care packages to gamble with. I got a Gunship, 2 Blackbirds, Attack Dogs , Mortar team and Napalm strike all within one game of domination last night !

Top tip for those average or below players such as myself who rarely get to use the bigger killstreaks. Use Hardline Pro and set Sam Turret, Care Package and Sentry gun. Every time you go on a 5 killstreak you get 3 care packages to gamble with. I got a Gunship, 2 Blackbirds, Attack Dogs , Mortar team and Napalm strike all within one game of domination last night !

What do you mean you get 3 packages to gamble with?

Holy shit, that's utterly broken; I've just looked up what Brumerican's said for some clarification and apparently not only does Hardline Pro let you re-roll on Care Package drops, it treats both the SAM and Sentry turrets as a 'Package drop' so you can re-roll those as well.

Basically, for a 5 kill streak you'll get 3 Care Packages. :shock:

I was doing that all last night. In a game on Villa I got a Chopper Gunner, 2 Blackbird and 2 lots of Attack DOgs amongst other things, stupid. Hope it gets patched ASAP because it's a potential game breaker like everything on MW2.

I just tried that 3 care package gamble malarky on NukeTown FFA.

It did not end well :D

I lost 7 of 9 care packages , gifting the enemy double attack dogs and a Gunship, which are both devastating on that particular map. I nearly threw the controller through the TV and I'm 30 years old FFS ! :D

I was doing that all last night. In a game on Villa I got a Chopper Gunner, 2 Blackbird and 2 lots of Attack DOgs amongst other things, stupid. Hope it gets patched ASAP because it's a potential game breaker like everything on MW2.

It's in the process of being patched apparently.

Check the vid I posted on the last page dude, it's pretty succinct.

Basically, Hardline Pro lets you re-roll Care Packages (in addition to getting your killstreaks 1 kill early). By "re-roll" what it means is when you get a 4-killstreak and call in a Care Package, if you go to open it and it only has something basic like Ammo/Spy Plane, you can double-tap X and the Care Package will change into a different random killstreak (possibly something better like Attack Helicopter/Blackbird).

This is where the glitch comes in. If you also have SAM Turrets and Sentry Guns setup as your other 2 active killstreak rewards, for some reason Hardline Pro lets you perform exactly the same re-roll on them when you call them in (as if they were Care Packages, despite the fact it should only let you re-roll on actual Care Packages). Bear in mind that with Hardline Pro you also get your killstreak rewards one kill early, with a SAM/Care Package/Sentry killstreak setup you will get your SAM at 3 kills, Care Package at 4 kills and Sentry at 5 kills which in effect means a 5-killstreak gives you 3 Care Packages.

Â