Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Tongue gone for 24 off his 3 overs. Useless stuff. I think a certain Woakes must be lamenting not having a chance to bowl here and indeed I suspect his test career is over.

I just don't understand Woakes.  Never let England down, always been competent with ball and bat.  The Mings of the English cricket world.

• Like 3

Poor fielding looks to have cost a couple of wickets this morning. The batsmen have rode their luck dangling the bat at times and have got away with it . We could really do with a breakthrough or wel be toast 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I just don't understand Woakes.  Never let England down, always been competent with ball and bat.  The Mings of the English cricket world.

Hasn't he got a really good record at Lords as well (the best out of current bowlers)?

At least Tongue has a bit of pace. Hopefully that wicket gives him some confidence. The rest of our attack is a bit samey but catches win matches and we dropped 2 as the first one to Root carried

Nice to see Mr Burns getting in on the act 😀

Seriously though, how much make up have the TV crew slapped on those balding pates ??

20230628_132317.jpg

• Haha 1

Tongue seems to be showing the folly of persisting with bowlers who's best days are behind them. Time waits for no man regardless of how good they were. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, andym said:

Jimmy has now bowled 48 overs in this series, with just 1 wicket.

Perfect conditions for him today and he's not really looked like adding to that.

He's been a great servant but you really have to question why he just keeps getting picked.

• Like 1

Â