Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Because a few were mildly jealous last week, I should say that I'm definitely not back in the beach bar, watching England nearly get to the win in Pakistan for a historic series victory. No, I'm not and here's the proof 16715145040093992298740864674972.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Guess who collapsed from a really strong position to lose the game?

Go on, guess, you got this, you know this one.

Yeah. I was following it. Thing is though, like the Aus games after the T20 World Cup, these games are kind of contractual obligation albums. Hardly anyone is actually interested in them. They’re in the middle of the Big Bash, the SA T20 league, for England they’re off season, straight into it games. Much as cricket is the best sport of all, the schedules are a mess.

• Like 2

I woke up this morning (I think that's the first line of some old blues song, anyway... ) and saw that England were 5-2! : <  Oh for goodness sake.

But Butler and Malan have come to the rescue both with a hundred, well done! I want us to win because losing a series 2-1 is better than losing it 3-0 !

Well that is a fantastic performance 3 wickets down off 16 balls, only 73 runs off the first 20 overs, and then Malan and Butler just took them apart - 343 in the end!

Malan and Butler had a partnership of 200 before either of them had reached a century - that surely can't happen very often in any form of the game?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well that is a fantastic performance 3 wickets down off 16 balls, only 73 runs off the first 20 overs, and then Malan and Butler just took them apart - 343 in the end!

Malan and Butler had a partnership of 200 before either of them had reached a century - that surely can't happen very often in any for of the game?

🤔🤔🤔 I am easily confused! 😯 So is this because of some extras? I mean does a partnership's runs include the extras during it?

3 minutes ago, robby b said:

🤔🤔🤔 I am easily confused! 😯 So is this because of some extras? I mean does a partnership's runs include the extras during it?

Yep, they mentioned the 200 partnership and I think they were both on 98 at the time.

I'd imagine it's rare that two batsmen come in together and then score hundreds - perhaps openers, and i'd imagine in that situation it's rare that they both bat at the same pace and end up in the high nineties together, it must be very rare.

Yes! 2-1 series result. Much better than a mini thrashing 3-0. Well done Archer with six wickets and economical too, great to have him back! : >  (But I don't understand if that's his career best figures just in one day cricket or in all three formats).

• Like 1

On 01/02/2023 at 18:50, robby b said:

Yes! 2-1 series result. Much better than a mini thrashing 3-0. Well done Archer with six wickets and economical too, great to have him back! : >  (But I don't understand if that's his career best figures just in one day cricket or in all three formats).

Best ODI.  Best in tests 8/85. Best T20 6/45.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â