Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Shane Warne is not the most likeable person I agree, but best spinner in the history of cricket. Not a good final. The difference between the two sides are the Australian gun bowlers are better than the New Zealand ones. Even though they should have at least made them chase 250 at least. Its criminal not using up all your overs. Maybe New Zealand are very much a home side and like I said at the beginning they don't really have any special players apart from maybe Mcullum 

as for Broad, I think the reason he is not very popular is he has a very whiny face especially how he seems to be petulant when doesnt get an lbw or smashed around the park. Also he seems to be in the cartel of players that England never drop no matter how bad they play

interviews away from the game he seems like a good lad unlike Swann who always comes across as a bit of a prick

• Like 1

I think behind his "cheeky chappy" persona he is a right prick and think not just Pietersen would agree with that

reminds me of that similar cheeky chappies  Jimmy Bullard or Harry Redknapp or Matt Dawson

Warwickshire spinner Paul Best has confirmed his retirement with immediate effect. Shame, was a decent spinner a few years back but it seems like injuries got the better off him.

Was disappointed to hear that Paul Best has had to retire from the game.Before his injuries i had high hopes that he was going to be a decent player and be a part of the Bears first team squad.

Decent start to the season yesterday.In the friendly against the Pears we scored 263 for 4,with Westwood 121 not out and Hain 94.They put on 188 .Then before the close we had Mitchell dismissed for just 1

With regards to Swann, i recall watching the England lads in the nets at Edgbaston last summer. Most of the squad seemed to be taking it seriously but it was noticeable that Swann,Anderson and to a lesser extent Broad were the ones acting the fool. 

Swann is not popular in Australia.

If we as a nation were able to move past the fact that Broad quite reasonably didn't walk, Swann would be the one we dislike the most.

We quite like Pietersen at the moment but I feel like that would end pretty quickly if he were accepted back into the England fold and hitting tons against us.

Edited by ThunderPower_14

no reason why he would, KP's last few innings with England were mostly rubbish anyway. He was useless in that final Ashes series, and remarkably selfish. i can't believe the ECB are considering encouraging that waster to find a route back into the side. 

• Like 2

no reason why he would, KP's last few innings with England were mostly rubbish anyway. He was useless in that final Ashes series, and remarkably selfish. i can't believe the ECB are considering encouraging that waster to find a route back into the side. 

wasnt he England top scorer in that series?

He was many people's player of the tournament. Great marquee signing. A real statement of intent.

Shame about Paul Best, looked like he might be a future Warwickshire captain a few years ago. 

• Like 2

wasnt he England top scorer in that series?

Yes and still bleedin' useless. :)

Â