Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

What are Warwickshire good/bad at?

Obviously trott/bell/Rankin are our good players, when not with england - who else is good?

Where are we in terms of the whole t20 league?

We got an abandoned match and a loss so far, but are we decent, shit? whats going on? :D

We are a better 4 day side than t20 side. We have a dreadfull t20 record, only reaching one finals day and that was the first one.  Good players, Woakes, Patel, Barker. Evans was good last year but started the season off poorly.

• Like 1

Just saw the dismissal on the news. He wasn't just sauntering an inch or two out of his ground, was he? He was a good yard out. If the bowler has warned the player then the person taking the piss is the guy backing up too much.

• Like 3

Just saw the dismissal on the news. He wasn't just sauntering an inch or two out of his ground, was he? He was a good yard out. If the bowler has warned the player then the person taking the piss is the guy backing up too much.

Exactly, Buttler had been warned twice and still did it. No sympathy for him.

First series of the Moores/Cook leadership and the first series loss.

A few positives from the series are Buttler, Jordan and possibly Tredwell showing he is a candidate for a test place even though his recent CC record isn't anything to write home about.

• Like 1

I hope the selectors pick Moeen. Tredwell lengthens the tail and he can't get in the Kent championship side. If they go for Samit Patel or even Borthwick as the spin option then that would be ok but please no Tredwell.

Jordon for the tests? or maybe Plunkett who has been bowling great this season for Yorkshire

Edited by PaulC

dont see a problem for the dismissal if he had been warned and thought Cook comments and attitude after was a bit poor. This isn't the 1st time they have moaned about something which is in the rules of the game (Bell "run-out" vs India and Finn knocking the wickets off in his run-up)

• Like 1

I hope the selectors pick Moeen. Tredwell lengthens the tail and he can't get in the Kent championship side. If they go for Samit Patel or even Borthwick as the spin option then that would be ok but please no Tredwell.

Jordon for the tests? or maybe Plunkett who has been bowling great this season for Yorkshire

I reckon this could be the XI:

Cook

Robson

Bell

Ballance

Root

Ali

Prior / Buttler

Stokes

Jordan

Broad

Anderson

Plunkett good start to the season but no better than team-mate Jack Brooks? Will Gidman absolute machine in Div 2 but 29 already and prone to injuries. Agree with you re Tredwell.

What are Warwickshire good/bad at?

Obviously trott/bell/Rankin are our good players, when not with england - who else is good?

Where are we in terms of the whole t20 league?

We got an abandoned match and a loss so far, but are we decent, shit? whats going on? :D

We are a better 4 day side than t20 side. We have a dreadfull t20 record, only reaching one finals day and that was the first one.  Good players, Woakes, Patel, Barker. Evans was good last year but started the season off poorly.

Good seam attack and Patel is as effective a spinner you'll find on the County circuit. Could do with Trott coming back in as the top order batting has been very weak so far this season, and wasn't much better for most of last year either. 

We're pretty poor in the limited over stuff but Ateeq Javid has looked our best player in the two T20 games so far. 

I know i'm a couple of days late, but given they warned the guy a couple of times, I have no issues with the mankad.

You can't just run a third of the way down the pitch before the bowler has even gotten into his action. You definitely can't continue doing it after being warned. Got what he deserved.

• Like 1

Bears beat Durham tonight, I just found out. Cue much piss taking of my Durham fan mates!  :D

The bears also outplayed Durham.

Perfect Friday night, sat in the sunshine, beer in hand and watching Warwickshire winning.  :D

• Like 2

Yep - an excellent night all round. Some boisterous support in the stand next to the Pavilion including a  large "3" balloon floating across the pitch - from a birthday celebration I think. Not only did Warks win but ...... Lancashire lost and Pieterson failed again !!

Yep - an excellent night all round. Some boisterous support in the stand next to the Pavilion including a  large "3" balloon floating across the pitch - from a birthday celebration I think. Not only did Warks win but ...... Lancashire lost and Pieterson failed again !!

That balloon was more interesting than the match at that point.

Rankin played well! Their first out when the fielder lamped the wickets from 20 yards was awesome. Couldn't see who that was. Really good game of 20/20

Shoaib with the run out.

• Like 1

Rankin played well! Their first out when the fielder lamped the wickets from 20 yards was awesome. Couldn't see who that was. Really good game of 20/20

Shoaib with the run out.

It was good. He only had 1 wicket to aim for fron his position and he made no mistake :)

Good victory for Worcestershire yesterday in the reduced 13 over game... thought they had screwed it up, but good hitting from Gareth Andrew at the end. 

Â