Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

No leadership.. A good captain would lead his troops.

At the risk of sounding facetious, if everybody had scored as many as him in the second innings we'd have won the match.

I've been at work overnight the last two nights so haven't seen the wickets but by the sounds of things Trott needs to sort himself out. Prior too.

The worst thing is that Johnson's confidence will be sky high going into the 2nd test.

A Steady decline has been going on for a while, I believe the summer ashes series score flattered us and papered over what should have been serious questions over quite a few players form. Lets hope this is the bottom of the curve, that this result acts as a wake up call to both the players and selectors. absolutely well deserved win for Australia, whilst England ignored the summers problems and carried on full of unfounded confidence, Australia went away and worked on their problems. hell we made it very easy for them this test, lets hope the England set up have taken a lesson or two and learn from them,

A Steady decline has been going on for a while, I believe the summer ashes series score flattered us and papered over what should have been serious questions over quite a few players form. Lets hope this is the bottom of the curve, that this result acts as a wake up call to both the players and selectors. absolutely well deserved win for Australia, whilst England ignored the summers problems and carried on full of unfounded confidence, Australia went away and worked on their problems. hell we made it very easy for them this test, lets hope the England set up have taken a lesson or two and learn from them,

Spot on.  It was pretty unconvincing in the summer, and I think we got away with being "not as bad as Australia".  We won't this time round in their back yard.

They outplayed us in all departments. Even Lyon outbowled Swann. Bell got a good ball so he was blameless but that's not the case with all of them. KP dumb shot, Prior got out the same way to Lyon both ininngs. Root showed some character. Anyone that blames Cook is way off because the captain can only bat for himself. He didn't play that hook shot for KP. Johnson brilliant. But he was backed up ably by Siddle, Harris and Lyon who extracted a lot more out of the wicket than our bowlers ddi

No leadership.. A good captain would lead his troops.

At the risk of sounding facetious, if everybody had scored as many as him in the second innings we'd have won the match.

I've been at work overnight the last two nights so haven't seen the wickets but by the sounds of things Trott needs to sort himself out. Prior too.

The worst thing is that Johnson's confidence will be sky high going into the 2nd test.

I didn't say he was a poor batsman.

Congratulations to the Aussies.

Contrary to what Cook has said, though, I don't think telling the opposition's number 11 to 'get ready for a broken f***ing arm' when they're 175 for 9 and 380 plus behind is 'how I want to watch cricket being played'.

Edited by snowychap

I think Aussies found out a few England players in summer and working on it, think people forget that in ENglands victory only Bell was the batsman on form. think Aussies have worked out Trott and Cook and even Swann was played brilliantly by Warner.

As for Root I think he needs be dropped to improve his game

get in the nets away from the pressure, maybe sit back and study how the Australians are bowling and adapt to that style.

Why would you have to be dropped to have a net or sit back and study the Aussie bowling?

If you think Root ought to be dropped in favour of Ballance or Bairstow coming in then fair enough but I don't otherwise see the point of dropping someone mid series unless their confidence is absolutely shot (which may possibly be the case with Trott).

think being shuffled around the order isnt helping him either

That I agree with (Atherton even suggested the other night that if Trott were to be dropped that Root should move up to 3 and Ballance/Bairtow come in at 6 :o ).

actually I think Cook comments about Warner being disrespectful was rich. this is a captain that allowed Warner singles without trying so his bowlers could have a go at Clarke who in turn punished them with a century

Â