Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Well, the GF needed a paper, I needed the results and this way I stopped her from picking up the Heil on Sunday.  So without further unnecessary padding, here are the results:

1.  2nd hit caught by close fielder.

Not out.

The ball has been played on to the ground from the first strike so the batsman cannot be caught.  Had the ball not made contact with the group, he would have been caught after the second strike, had the ball gone to hand and been held.

2.  Caught amongst the un-mown grass.

Not out.

The game is played on top of the grass, so the grass is the ground.  The fact that some blades of grass were longer than the others makes no difference.

3. Smashing the bails off both sets of stumps from your own shot.

Not Out.

He must play the call directly on to his wicket (or it comes off his person, or in running he kicks the call on to his own wicket) to be out bowled.  Additionally, if the ball, which was driven onto the bowler's end wicket had been deflected off a member of the fielding side and on to the striker's wicket with him out of his ground, he would have been run out on appeal.

English arsery this morning.

A score of 250 would give us a really good chance here - but we look like we're going to blow it.

Yep, another very poor display so far.  A lot rests with Pietersen now.  I'd back Bell for another decent score of at least 50, so we need the same from KP.

What do you reckon would be a score we could bowl at?

The way this pitch has been behaving and is progressing, I can't see the Aussies getting 200.

A score we could bowl at?

I think: an Aussie target of 150+ we could bowl at but would only require one decent partnership from them to put us under a lot of pressure and them in the driving seat; an Aussie target of 200+ wouold make things difficult for them; an Aussie target of 250+ would need us to bowl awfully, the pitch to change its nature or the Aussies to bat really, really well in order for them to win (and us not).

Once again root proving he is not good enough to open

So he's proving he's not good enough to play test cricket in your opinion or are you suggesting he is actually a number 6? Edited by snowychap

Â