Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I'll be ordering one.

I primarily use my phone as a web browser and music/video player, so the bigger the screen is the better, within reason. The Fonepad seems to pretty much be a Nexus 7 that has phone functionality built in. I don't use a phone particularly often, but I like the idea of just using it as a tablet and having the phone functionality there if I need it.

My Nexus 7 is about to be given away on eBay. I just want to sell it quick and I'd rather sell it to someone on here. Not an advert, just trying to help out my fellow Villa fans.

Let me know quick if you want it as new for £130 and I'll remove it from sale. It's up for £140 on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140924162534

admin/mods, sorry is this breaks any rules, am genuinely trying to do someone a favour, feel free to edit / delete.

It's Mrs The_Rev's birthday next week and I have bought her a Nexus 7 as a gift.  While I was in the shop I picked up the official Asus travel cover and I have to say it is an utter piece of shit.

I'd always been of the belief that the official stuff for a product would be pretty good, especially when the product itself is excellent but the case strikes me as a massive waste of £15. It seems fairly sturdy and grippy but that is about it.  It doesn't have a magnet to keep it closed and activate the sleep feature and it cannot be used as a kick stand, both of which my dad's generic eBay case can do and he got that for a tenner.  The case is going back to the shop tomorrow, any recommendations on a good one? Preferably from Amazon or the high street.

I found the LuvTab case to be really good.

Firstly, I'm using HTC One X on Android 4.1

I really hope one of you clever chaps can help me as this has been really bugging me. I want to set one of my photo's as wallpaper, I select the picture, select 'set as', select wallpaper. Now I get 3 red rectangles on top of each other of varying shapes to allow me to drag over my picture. Despite the fact there are 3 it only seems to use one, the vertical one. I want to select one of the 2 horizontal boxes but they seem to be redundant... I can't figure out why. The annoying thing is if it insists that I can only use the vertical box to crop my picture it won't let me extend it past the point where the outer horizontal box reaches the edge of the image. (as the 3 boxes all extend proportionally).

Is it possibly because of the HTC launcher? Has the scrolling wallpaper been disabled? Can I enable it somehow. Driving me crazy.

Try it with another launcher and see if it allows you to scroll. Due to the way Android maps the virtual desktop you can never use the full size of a wallpaper unless you use an app to select a correctly ratio'd image. Something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twistedapps.wallpaperwizardrii&hl=en will allow you to crop and then set an image to use the full size.

Went with a Nexus 4, which has been delivered to my parents today, need to collect it later this week...although need to get a micro sim before I can use it!

I bought a SIM cutter from amazon. With next day delivery it was cheaper than a replacement SIM and no downtime.

So what do people make of the leaked S4 pictures?

article-2291537-18909EC4000005DC-878_634

article-2291537-18909EBA000005DC-678_634

article-2291537-18909EBE000005DC-505_634

I was a bit worried about buying the HTC One before seeing what this phone would look like but going by those photos (if they are real), it looks horrible. Too big and quite thick. 

Edited by PieFacE

Can't see that being real. Its too similar. Not sure how you can say its too big or thick from that image. There is nothing to scale it. Those could be the smallest of girly hands going. Or massive shovels. We have no idea.

Completely uninspiring. I'll wait for the next Nexus.

Is there a rough estimate of when the new Nexus will be released? My contract is up in October and I think the Nexus will be my next phone.

When your contract is up, move to goffgaff and wait.

Is there a rough estimate of when the new Nexus will be released? My contract is up in October and I think the Nexus will be my next phone.

They're normally towards Christmas.

When your contract is up, move to goffgaff and wait.

Yeah, that's the plan. I worked it out today and you save around £100 buying the Nexus 4 from Google and then going with Giff Gaff.

Â