Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Galaxy Tab 10.1 2 or Tab 7.0 2?

I'd go for a 16gb Nexus 7 @ £159 instead of a tab 7.0 2.

But if you want the best small tablet it's the Tab 7.7 at £229. It's oh so much more premium than the Nexus. It has SD card slot too for expandable storage

out of interest, whats better? ive got the nexus 7, I cant imagine a better value for money device is available.

Had to send my HTC One S back to HTC due to 1) Paint rubbing off the edges and 2) 'Helicoptoer' Software glitch. Being without a smartphone for 5 days has been like losing my right arm. Amazing. Due to be redelivered to be today, phew.

What it has reminded me though is how good battery life USED to be, I've been using my trusty old Samsung e1100 which I charged last Tuesday and still has 2 of the 5 battery bars left :D

E+1105T.jpg

Gave the leaked SGS2 JB rom a go. What a difference it made to have the hwcomposer included. It pisses all over the crippled CM10/AOKP and the like for the Galaxy2

Phone feels brand new.

out of interest, whats better? ive got the nexus 7, I cant imagine a better value for money device is available.

Well I have both a Nexus 7 and a Tab 7.7 and I much prefer the tab. It's far more premium build. Much thinner, stunning screen. Plus has 27% more screen space which is the perfect size imo for Web. While managing all this and weighing a few grams less than the Nexus.

It is more expensive, but imo worth it.

Installed a Jelly Bean custom ROM on my prehistoric Desire HD last week. Needless to say, it was really awesome to have Google Now pop up a card while about to leave class how long it would take, and how much traffic there was on the way home.

Man, Galaxy S3 batterylife. It's probably the best thing about it. Especially with the JB update. I remember why this is the best phone ever made. It's very close to faultless in my eyes at the moment.

61% battery after 9hs31mins and a fair amount of use. JB must've improved battery even further.

Not very happy... got my HTC one S back after a week, first thing I notice I'd that they haven't fixed the plating on the camera lens but I could live with that. Bit later on the day the OH calls me and I can't hear her, just silence. Try again and nothing If I put speaker on its fine so seems like in opening it up to replace the casing they've managed to knacker up the earpiece Ffffuuuuu!!!

Don't suppose any of you guys have heard of such an issue (and solution)?

Looks like its going back again :-(

iPad has gone!

Is the Nexus 7 the best android tablet out there? What would you say is its best points and makes it superior to the iPad mini apart from the price?

Whilst I'm here, I dunno why but sometimes when I'm bored and I see somebody on an iPhone or an iPad I feel as though I shouldn't have sold mine. I keep looking at iPad mini's. Someone slap me round the head for crying out loud. The fact they brought it out without retina should be enough to convince me, not because Nexus has the better display, but because Apple can release it next year WITH retina.

I'm not sure. I don't think I'm getting the most out of my One X.

iPad has gone!

Is the Nexus 7 the best android tablet out there? What would you say is its best points and makes it superior to the iPad mini apart from the price?

Whilst I'm here, I dunno why but sometimes when I'm bored and I see somebody on an iPhone or an iPad I feel as though I shouldn't have sold mine. I keep looking at iPad mini's. Someone slap me round the head for crying out loud. The fact they brought it out without retina should be enough to convince me, not because Nexus has the better display, but because Apple can release it next year WITH retina.

I'm not sure. I don't think I'm getting the most out of my One X.

According to a certain poster on here he Samsung 7.7 tab is better and more of a comparison to the ipad mini.

I used to miss my Iphone when I first got rid of it, then I'd take my Samsung out of my pocket and smile to myself.

How can I add an mp3 as a notification? I can add as a ringtone, but notifications seem locked out.

On my S3 you have to go into "My Files" copy (or move) the mp3 from wherever it is to the folder called "notifications"

Then it should show up when you go to select a notification

Â