Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

How did you get Villa on yours? How do I get it to recognise work/home?

when you have google now open, menu -> settings -> google now

there's a fair bit in there you can configure, home and work are set up in traffic, sports lets you set up teams.

• Like 1

Total **** waste of five hours. Downloaded Kies, backed up my phone, then when I tried the firmware update it failed. It then failed to connect saying the version of Kies 2.5.0.12094_28.

I've reinstalled Kies and tried again, but it's just failed again. **** useless.

Just finished updating my s3 to jb over kies and on the face of it samsung may not have bothered, all the sleekness and coolness of stock jb is completely stripped away in favour of the jb/touchwiz hybrid. You get a few new widgets to add, a few new choices in the settings menus, folders on your home screen look a bit different and surface/looks wise that is pretty much about it. No new cool jb wallpapers and touchwiz still looks like its been stylised by a adhd child.

Obviously the big improvements are under the hood, it is noticeably smoother and quicker but I just wish Samsung would show some bloody restraint with how there skins look. Not cool.

I'm sorry but there are no visual changes in JB from ICS. So expecting any in the new JB update on the S3 is silly.

The two things you get are Google Now and Expandable Notifications. Which are both present on the JB on S3.

Key Lime pie updates will likely be mostly to Android sdks like Gmail and Calendar. Along with a big upgrade to Google Now which will be available to all on 4.1 and above. There will also be more under the hud optimisation which people will not notice.

So really once you're on JellyBean you'll not be missing anything really bar some slight performance increases. Which the beast of an S3 won't be noticeable

What are the best mods for me to have my music player on the lock screen? And are there any other decent lock screen mods?

Was playing with my friends Iphone 5 yesterday (he asked me to do a few levels on Bad Piggies) and I just had to hand it back. Realised how much I love my S3 :)

Double Twist player has the player in the lock screen. But the stock player has the controls in the notifications. So its as easy to access.

As for lock screen. App Locker is good. But you can already customise the apps that appear on the lock screen in the settings on the S3.

I'm sorry but there are no visual changes in JB from ICS. So expecting any in the new JB update on the S3 is silly.

The two things you get are Google Now and Expandable Notifications. Which are both present on the JB on S3.

Key Lime pie updates will likely be mostly to Android sdks like Gmail and Calendar. Along with a big upgrade to Google Now which will be available to all on 4.1 and above. There will also be more under the hud optimisation which people will not notice.

So really once you're on JellyBean you'll not be missing anything really bar some slight performance increases. Which the beast of an S3 won't be noticeable

I think I prefer the aesthetics of stock ics/jb over the colorful messy touchwiz so was hoping against hope that Samsung would retain a sense of it. Performance wise its great, even on the S3 its a tad nippier but that may just be update-itis.

Stock looks different, I see what people say about it looking less cartoonish and less colourful. Personally its just the menus looking that different and I don't mind it. I prefer some stock things and some touchwiz things.

Stock is blander looking which is actually good, menus look simpler. Notifications too are plainer and less colourful. Lock screen is simpler.

Touchwiz has a better sms, contacts and Calendar imo. Also it has more options and features, which is both good and bad as it's hard to find many and lots are of no use.

I'd hope Samsung will fix this convoluted mess of features in next year's touchwiz. Then need to cut lots of features out and chuck them in a sub menu as to keep the best features on the top.

Removing useless features would help the Dev time for new versions of android too. So some stuff should be cut, like tilt to zoom or shake to update. Who uses them?

Why can't Apple devices run Android? The iPad mini looks a stunning piece of hardware, but is an utterly useless device to me running iOS.

I need the iPad mini to make people see Samsungs 7.7 inch tablet is the best size for a smaller device. Nexus 7 is just slightly too small for me.

Â