Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Install AppBrain from the market.

Have a look at my list: http://www.appbrain.com/user/dirk1978/apps-on-the-samsung-galaxy-s

Pick what you like and tick stuff to add to your own list.

Open AppBrain on your phone and choose to sync.

Ask your friends who have Android to share their AppBrain lists and choose apps from their list.

I recommend:

Angry Birds, Official eBay, Torque, SpeedX, Tasker, LauncherPro, ADW.Launcher, Sky Map, YouTube, AmazonMP3, Movies, Quadrant, Tweetdeck, Winamp, Sky Remote Record, Rainy Days, Kindle, IMDB, Premier League Buddy, Google Earth, Chrome to Phone, Air Control

I can't stand any of the football results apps. They are all extremely lacking in features.

I know exactly how I'd make the "perfect" app, but getting hold of the data to run it is the issue. I could easily grab it from any number of random sites, but, it'd lead to a nice lawsuit, and I'm imagining actually licensing the data would be cost prohibitive considering the premier league want 4k just for publishing the fixtures.

I can't stand any of the football results apps. They are all extremely lacking in features.

I know exactly how I'd make the "perfect" app, but getting hold of the data to run it is the issue. I could easily grab it from any number of random sites, but, it'd lead to a nice lawsuit, and I'm imagining actually licensing the data would be cost prohibitive considering the premier league want 4k just for publishing the fixtures.

Stats LLC might be worth getting in touch with.

Phone should eat almost nothing on standby mode. I have quick settings which I can toggle everything on/off from one place, ie mobile data and auto sync on and off.

I also have a tasker setting which turns all the power draining stuff off and only turns mobile data and auto sync back on every 30mins to check for emails. Saves loads of battery. I have that on most of the time when I'm at home or in work. It auto switches to plugged in mode (another tasker setting) when it's charging, it'll switch all those settings on.

Also brightness, get uses to 50% brightness. Saves a lot.

Anybody who has a galaxy s you gotta get the tv out cable. It's just the best. I'm hooking it up to my tv at home as well as in the gym. It'll be a real help when traveling too. Costs next to nothing too.

You hook your phone up to a TV in the Gym?

Yep, there is a composite out the yellow, red and white cable that most tv's have. So I turned on tv out on my phone and plugged the cables into the tv in front of the bike. Switched the channel to av2 and the picture from my screen appears on the tv. I just went to the video player, turned on ironman 2 plugged my headphones into the extension on the bike and hey presto.

It's really cool I must say. Makes doing half an hour on the bike so much more bearable, time flies when you're watching something interesting on the tv. I also hooked it up to the tv in my room so I can watch stuff in bed as I've no cable up there, just aerial.

It's a really cool feature, especially when using it in conjunction with the super nintendo and playstation emulators. You have a portable games console. It's just a really handy feature that like many other things is not known about by many.

Yep, there is a composite out the yellow, red and white cable that most tv's have. So I turned on tv out on my phone and plugged the cables into the tv in front of the bike. Switched the channel to av2 and the picture from my screen appears on the tv. I just went to the video player, turned on ironman 2 plugged my headphones into the extension on the bike and hey presto.

You can do that with an Iphone.......if you really wanted too.

Â