Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Google isn't too bad at at keeping secrets, we don't know even if there will be a Nexus 6, never mind what it might look like.

Most Android sites at the moment appear to be there won't be another Nexus device, and it will be replaced by the Android Silver program, which seems to be bad news as the rumours suggest that it'll be devices at the high-end, but unlike the Nexus, with a high end price. It does make sense as the Nexus devices up until now have only sold to the enthusiast market, who are going to buy a smartphone anyway - why subsidise a device for people who will buy it anyway, when it has repeatedly failed to break through to the mainstream?

• Like 1

Any news on the Nexus 6? My N5's battery/charger is playing up, just like my S3 did. :(

Just ordered the all in one sim from Three, hopefully the service won't be as bad as some people say..

If it's playing up due to a fault, RMA it. I think it's unlikely there will be a new Nexus phone, more likely an expansion of the GPE range into other markets, but who knows?

I've had no issues with three whatsoever. I hope you clicked an ad from this site to make your purchase.

Oh, and buy a QI charger.

So... somebody cracked their screen... and cannot find proof of purchase so insurance is not paying up. Hhhmmm.

Anybody know how much it could be done for?

Also, Nexus 7 first gen 2nd hand, how much should I be paying? I've got one, but the chance has come up to get another and want it for my partner.

So... somebody cracked their screen... and cannot find proof of purchase so insurance is not paying up. Hhhmmm.

Anybody know how much it could be done for?

Also, Nexus 7 first gen 2nd hand, how much should I be paying? I've got one, but the chance has come up to get another and want it for my partner.

My handset insurance doesn't require proof of purchase. You might want to shop around next time. The price is likely to be dependant on the handset and this happens often enough it should probably have its own thread.

I'm not sure I'd buy a first gen N7 now, even if it's a bargain.

I get mine free with my bank. Who do you get yours with?

I've sent them the email I got when it was shipped, but because this doesn't say it's 32gb, they are refusing to go further - but are offering a 16gb instead. clearings in the woods.

Why wouldn't you buy the first gen? It's for somebody not as technically minded as me.. so it should be fine?

My insurance is also with my bank. They changed the policy about a year ago to a higher excess and no proof of purchase.

Personally, I'd buy the new n7 for yourself and give yours to your partner.

• Like 1

She's getting there... ;)

Converting to Android? Commendations all around.

Converting to Villa? That surely must be violating some law against cruelty!

Android, she wants an android phone for sure. The Villa side is harder... but she hasn't seen us lose... yet!

She's getting there... ;)

Converting to Android? Commendations all around.

Converting to Villa? That surely must be violating some law against cruelty!

Android, she wants an android phone for sure. The Villa side is harder... but she hasn't seen us lose... yet!

Off Topic for Off Topic I know but go and **** chain her to the Holte End then!!

Well, I have another phone with another dodgy battery (N5)

5 minutes of VT viewing and I've lost 6% already. My phone went from 85% to 45% in 4 hours without anything running or without me even touching the phone.

Will Google replace my phone as it's in warranty?

Well, I have another phone with another dodgy battery (N5)

5 minutes of VT viewing and I've lost 6% already. My phone went from 85% to 45% in 4 hours without anything running or without me even touching the phone.

Will Google replace my phone as it's in warranty?

Have you tried a factory reset? They'll ask before they think about giving you an RMA.

Have had my new Xperia Z2 phone for a couple of weeks now and can confirm for me it is a super phone.

Call quality is good. Sound quality is excellent either using the noise cancellation headphones or simply watching music on Youtube.

The camera is excellent but while using it at a recent gig it did take too long on occasion to focus on the subject leaving me missing the shot completely. This has been highlighted in reviews of the Z2 and hopefully Sony will rectify this with an update in the not too distant future as it ruins what is otherwise a fantastic camera on static subjects.

The camera also has some fun elements to it in particular the AR effect which allows you to take videos and photos with virtual scenes and characters. My favourite is using the dinosaur running about in my living room.

The 4k video is excellent but as per reviews the phone does get quite hot using it for extended periods and this is something Sony should also be looking at to fix with an update

The speed of the phone on the internet is very fast and I have witnessed little or no lag while the colours displayed on the screen are very vivid but if it is too much for your eyes this can be adjusted.

I have not used the phone for gaming yet.

There is no doubt that the Sony Xperia Z2 is a big phone in the hand but it is surprisingly light and just looks superb. I would have no hesitation in recommending it but it will be even better with a further update to cure the stated bugs.

Edited by shaggy

Are N5 not notorious for having inconsistent battery life? As mostly it's average, bordering on poor (in comparison to newer releases) but there are the occasional faulty ones. 

Mine has developed a tendency to say it's discharging faster than it is. Quite odd. I get the same kind of life over a day, but it says it's flatter when I arrive at work.

Â