Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I haven't really noticed anything touchwizzy that annoys me that much...... except the forced updates of bloatware i never use.

What are the chances that I cock my phone up for good if I use cyanogen mod?

I haven't really noticed anything touchwizzy that annoys me that much...... except the forced updates of bloatware i never use.

If it's a non LTE S3, it's a "click click click click click done" job. Phone will be wiped though so don't forget a backup. And your warranty will be void.

If it's a non LTE S3, it's a "click click click click click done" job. Phone will be wiped though so don't forget a backup. And your warranty will be void.

The water damage sticker has tripped anyway so I doubt it would be repaired anyway. Plus its nearly 2 years old. A full back up will be undertaken.

Might have a stab at this tonight and will report back on the differences.

• Like 2

I wanted, or felt I needed, a new phone after my S3 LTE updated to 4.3. Thanks to Cyanogenmod, my phone is fast once again and the battery lasts way more than the 5 or 6 hours it did with Touchwiz. Seriously, do it!

Where can I get step by step instructions to install Cynogemod? My S3 is slower than Micky Quinn at the moment.

Only for non LTE s3. If you have the LTE version it's a manual job

http://get.cm/

Edited by Tegis

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is anyone else suffering with poor battery life on their Nexus 5.  I run Snapdragon Battery Guru, but lately the phone seems to be running hot and the battery's draining pretty quickly.

I read something about the Skype update being one of the culprits, but was wondering if anyone else was experiencing something similar?

Uninstall Skype and see if the problem goes away. What does the battery usage display say is using the power?

The Facebook app was the worst battery hog I ever experienced. That lasted a day on my phone.

1st post from a recently cyanogen modded s3. No Barclays banking app is a sack of bullshit but I will post further opinions once i have lived with it for a bit.

Early impressions of cyanogenmod are extremely positive. Runs smooth as anything and really quick. The OS is so much better than Touchwiz.

I do have so complaints though. Only 2 "home screens" I like wigets everywhere so its hard cutting back what I have to just 2 screens worth.

The lack of support for the Barclays Banking app.

The **** "monile broadcasts" telling me what area code i'm in/around. That have no way of being disabled. (That I can work out)  

The lack of support for the phones FM radio tuner. I don't want an internet stream, I want a good old fashioned FM radio.

Other than those minor annoyances its bloody lovely and I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner.

• Like 2

I do have so complaints though. Only 2 "home screens" I like wigets everywhere so its hard cutting back what I have to just 2 screens worth.

Download the Nova Launcher It replaces the standard one and adds a truckload of features. Home-screens galore

The lack of support for the phones FM radio tuner. I don't want an internet stream, I want a good old fashioned FM radio.

Spirit FM, but it will cost you a fiver

• Like 1

Under all of your widgets you should see 2 small circles indicating what page you are on. If you hold down on a widget, a small + sign should appear next to those circles, allowing you to add widgets to a new page.

Not sure if there's another way to do it but that's how I did it!

Uninstall Skype and see if the problem goes away. What does the battery usage display say is using the power?

The Facebook app was the worst battery hog I ever experienced. That lasted a day on my phone.

Uninstalled Skype and rebooted the phone and all seems well again.

Changed a few settings on my battery guru too allowing my apps to refresh only when used or opened.  Will keep you posted to see if it makes much difference.

Cheers for the tips  :)

Eames, I had the same issue with radio broadcasts. It's to let you know about emergency calls or something. Anyway, I managed to stop them with help from Google, if I can find the link I'll post it. To get more home screens go to settings, personalisation, home screen, home screen, number of home screens. You can have up to 7. Almost everything is customisable, I don't like Nova personally.

Also I suspect the Barclay's bank app isn't much different from the mobile site?

Â