Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Not sure this is the right topic but I require some help.

Just changed from apple to android and switched my number over. Anyone I know with an iPhone now can't message me as it still sends it as an imessage. I still have my iPhone and an ipad so I've turned imessage off both of them, now when people text it won't even send anything.

Is this an apple issue or an issue with my new android phone?

Edited by Big_John_10

It's a fault in the imessage software. This is one of the many reasons that sensible people turn imessage off. I guess Apple own your device and as you'd never want to leave them they assume that what you are describing is impossible. I'm sure it'll expire after a while. It's the kind of trick that Apple pull to make it hard to leave, horror stories like this keep people being good little isheep :(.

I've done some searching and your messages will still be going to one of your Apple devices, possibly one you've sold (hopefully you did a full factory reset). You need to turn off iMessage on all your devices, even if the devices have been turned off for months. Especially if you have an ipad. It's a new feature in iOS7 (presumably called "screw them some more")..

And you are right, this should be in one of the Apple threads, but probably not the fanboi only one. :)

• Like 1

Strongly considering selling my S3 on Mazuma or a similar site (I can still get 170-180 for it I think) and stumping up the extra to get a Nexus 5

My S3 is starting to annoy me.

When I looked last week it was around £135. I sold mine on eBay for £170. The nexus 5 is easily worth the extra £130 on top of that.

• Like 1

Yeah I think Mazuma was £135. But there's a site that tells you which site gives you the best deal and one of them was £170-180. I'd never heard of it though so there may have been some sort of catch.

Hope it's ok to post in here, it's an Android app issue so figured this was the best place to put it.

Anyone used the Google Play Movies App?

I rented a movie from there a couple of weeks back. I rented it to play on my computer and it wouldn't work (for reasons I've now solved).

So I decided I'd watch it on my phone. But the app would play the movie for 10 minutes and then shut it down. It didn't shut down the whole app, just the movie playback. And it wouldn't have saved my place in the movie. so I had to watch it in 10 minute bursts, finding my place each time.

I emailed google and couldn't get an answer for my problem. But they did give me a refund and told me I could use the Youtube app to watch my movie if it happened again.

So I believed them, and "rented" another movie last week (this time specifically to watch on my phone). Same thing happened with the app, and YouTube didn't work either! (gave me a connection error every time, even though any other YouTube video worked)

Anyone got any experience? Is the app shit or am I just unlucky? 

(yeah, I've googled all this, couldn't get an answer from anywhere, which makes me think it's not a popular problem)

Mine has literally started doing the same thing tonight. Wont recognise a charger....thinks they're all USB connections. Even one that is only a charger.

Galaxy S3. :(

Ok....so its working again. Used the last iota of charge to factory reset and then managed to open some weird screen via the power button (bootloader?!) 

After that its happy again. Just a ball ache setting the whole thing up again. 

Is the Motorola Moto G a decent phone?

It has no micro SD card slot no removable battery and isn't 4g compatible but i'm not really bothered about that

Apparently you can get one for 100 quid from phones 4 u if you have an orange payg simcard 

Moto G "10/10 the only cheap phone you should buy".

Moto G 5/5 "at no point did we feel we compromised on style, quality or experience."

Moto G 4.5/5 "an absurdly good bargain"

It's getting rave reviews everywhere. Unless you fancy spending £300 on a Nexus 5 then I think the Moto G is an absolute no brainer at the moment.  It's probably the best bang for your buck phone out there.  I've bought my mum one for Xmas (16gb version, if you are worried about the lack of SD card support pay the extra £15 to double your storage) but I'm still awaiting delivery. I buy it with complete confidence though. 

• Like 1

I use the Ringke Fusion on my Nexus 4, I like it.  I bought my wife a Ringke Fusion for her Nexus 5 and it seems equally as good.  (Amazon)

Phone tracking is included in Android. www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

Â