The 'Who Supports Who' topic

• 1 year later...

I like the NFL, but love baseball. Got no real allegiances now but used to follow the Yankees during the 90's. 

Unfortunately the options to watch either sport on terrestrial TV are almost zero, so I've lost interest a bit.

• 1 month later...

Recently moved to Seattle so I’m diving down the Kraken, Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders rabbit-hole as much as I can 😅 I have 0 clue about most of these sports least alone the clubs but it should be pretty fun 😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Recently moved to Seattle so I’m diving down the Kraken, Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders rabbit-hole as much as I can 😅 I have 0 clue about most of these sports least alone the clubs but it should be pretty fun 😁

All the best in Seattle. Cool place.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I sure can pick em'

Tbf Calgary actually won it back in 80's when my hero Loob played but now they are a dumpster fire. Charlotte is possibly the second worst franchise in US sports atm and the Vikings, well as above.

• 5 months later...
On 02/11/2023 at 02:20, sne said:

I sure can pick em'

Tbf Calgary actually won it back in 80's when my hero Loob played but now they are a dumpster fire. Charlotte is possibly the second worst franchise in US sports atm and the Vikings, well as above.

Are you referring to the Carolina Panthers or Charlotte Hornets? Gonna assume you aren’t talking about Charlotte FC 😆

1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Are you referring to the Carolina Panthers or Charlotte Hornets? Gonna assume you aren’t talking about Charlotte FC 😆

Hornets, but they've changed ownership since then so hopefully they can move on from the Jordan disaster.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Hornets, but they've changed ownership since then so hopefully they can move on from the Jordan disaster.

Thanks! They are really awful. They came into existence just 4 years before I left NC so never developed much of a connection. I do hate that a basketball mad state has such a 💩 NBA team 

How did you become a Hornets fan? I’m new here so sorry if I’m asking you to repeat common knowledge 

• Like 1

Just now, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Thanks! They are really awful. They came into existence just 4 years before I left NC so never developed much of a connection. I do hate that a basketball mad state has such a 💩 NBA team 

How did you become a Hornets fan? I’m new here so sorry if I’m asking you to repeat common knowledge 

I don't remember exactly but I became really interested in basketball sometime in the late 80's at around the same time they were started. So I guess I just went with them :D. Golden age of the NBA with the Dream Team generation so there certainly were better options in hindsight. Still have a Larry Johnson top from back in the day. He was some player before that back injury. Lost interest for a long time towards the late 90's until a few years ago so I'm just starting to get back into it. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sne said:

I don't remember exactly but I became really interested in basketball sometime in the late 80's at around the same time they were started. So I guess I just went with them :D. Golden age of the NBA with the Dream Team generation so there certainly were better options in hindsight. Still have a Larry Johnson top from back in the day. He was some player before that back injury. Lost interest for a long time towards the late 90's until a few years ago so I'm just starting to get back into it. 

Hey, kudos to that, at least you didn’t glory hunt & go Celtics or Lakers. I drift in and out of paying attention to NBA, with me so far already watching more playoffs this year than last several combined. Larry Johnson was both great & entertaining AF

I live about 80 miles from Sacramento and 170 from San Francisco, so I get full access (TV/radio) to both Kings and Warriors. I consider myself a Warriors fan but leaning more towards Kings these days. SF as a city already has enough glory & international acclaim, while Sacramento needs all the help it can get 😆

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 2

since playing MLB the show 24 on xbox i've come to realise baseball isn't as shit as i originally thought and am keeping an eye on the marlins (only because i'm a bit of a dolphins fan and miami is my favourite of the small number of US cities i've been to)

i don't think i've chosen very well.

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

since playing MLB the show 24 on xbox i've come to realise baseball isn't as shit as i originally thought and am keeping an eye on the marlins (only because i'm a bit of a dolphins fan and miami is my favourite of the small number of US cities i've been to)

i don't think i've chosen very well.

You have not 🤣

• Haha 1

Â