Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

The offer from the American remains lodged with Villa's accountants at Rothschilds

I thought he didn't make an offer.

He hasn't withdrawn interest, but he never made an offer surely?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This brings back memories of the replacement for Graham Taylor (1st time) when rumours were of Franz Beckenbauer being seen at Villa Park. Even right up to the press conference to announce the new manager ....... Dr bloody Jo! - who?

I write this at two in the morning having already been to bed. Cant sleep, have done nothing at work for the last week and a half except log on to VT, my boss will sack me if he finds out. Come on Doug, get the deal done so I can return to normal.

I write this at two in the morning having already been to bed. Cant sleep, have done nothing at work for the last week and a half except log on to VT, my boss will sack me if he finds out. Come on Doug, get the deal done so I can return to normal.

I know exactly how you feel, i work at home from my PC and have done **** all in the last week or so, jst seem to keep refreshing this place hoping for some news.

. I'm sure there will be some more twists and suprises before this saga reaches it's conclusion. .

certainly.

However, its the result that matters, and the result seems inescapable.

I think we should take a restraining order out on ianrobo preventing him coming within 200 yards of a bottle of champagne...

... look at what happened the last two times he popped the cork! ;)

I must say, while it all looks rather exciting, and it's great to see people so excited here on the messageboard, I'm going to wait until the signatures are signed and the new owner is 'in the shirt, on the pitch' before my hopes get raised again.

Pg 184 of this thread I will be a very happy man, if we can lock this thread and start a new one under the title 'A New Era.' I can't tell you how each day I go to the bbc site and hope to see the words Villa tekeover complete. Is there a real sense that something could happen in the next day or two and what do we know about Lerners plans?

The World of Warcraft thread is still beating this :nod:

Yes Rev, but its only a game!

This thread is more important than life and death to paraphrase what Bill Shankly said

:lol::lol:

Why did I read that as Bill Shatner?

Damn my Star Trek obsession

Just mentioned again about Lerner

"It is understood the Lerner will make a 64 million bid within 48 hrs"

It is understood..... hmmm... BBC are usually spot on aren't they?

Didnt they report last Tuesday that Lerner would make a £60-£65mill bid 'within the next 48 hours'? Dont recall a bid going in though.

At the moment its hard to know whats fact and whats speculation which is the irritating thing about the TO

I think we should take a restraining order out on ianrobo preventing him coming within 200 yards of a bottle of champagne...

IMHO if MON is appointed manager today Ian can pop all the champagne he wants.

just written the same on the new manager thread Pete.

MON is a clear signal that one of the bids is going through with him as manager.

The new manager announcement is huge today for AVFC .....

I agree, once this is done I think we are nearly there chaps.......

Not getting too carried away, but I wonder what it's going to be like.......New Manager, New owner maybe it will be like coming out of a dark dark coma type thing or something.

Just curious as to why so many people are backing Lerners bid when we dont know anything about Stills consortium. If the rumours (and there are many of em) that the Saudis are involved then financially we would be minted.

I know thats Lerner suppossedly said £60 million for this transfer window and £60 million for Januarys, but then what?

Just curious as to why so many people are backing Lerners bid when we dont know anything about Stills consortium. If the rumours (and there are many of em) that the Saudis are involved then financially we would be minted.

I know thats Lerner suppossedly said £60 million for this transfer window and £60 million for Januarys, but then what?

I'm guessing proper development of the training ground and a north stand rebuild. :D

Thanks for getting my day started with a really good chuckle. The idea of a Villa fan worrying about what will happen after £100 million invested in 6 months is priceless. Thanks mykeyb.

Thanks for getting my day started with a really good chuckle. The idea of a Villa fan worrying about what will happen after £100 million invested in 6 months is priceless. Thanks mykeyb.

:lol: We'll always have something to worry about!