Is there intelligent life out there ?

tonyh29

Is there other intelligent life out there ?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Is there other intelligent life out there ?

• Yes - All Hail our new insect overlords
    • No - We are all alone

You see order coming from chaos...I see order by design

We see reality and the beauty it brings, you see reality and paste lies all over it and call that beauty I would say is more accurate.

When have I "pasted lies" on anything?

Just because I choose to beleive in a Creator that you can't prove doesn't exist, how does that make me "a paster of lies"??!!

The Bible claims to have a divine author who used men to write his word..You cannot prove that the Bible doesn't indeed have a divine Author...

The Creator names himself YHWH - Jehovah means in Ancient Hebrew - literally "Causes to become" and describes himself as the Alpha & the Omega the beginning and the end. The maker of all things.

Just because you don't agree with that description in no way does that give you the right to say it's a lie! Because in fact you can't prove it is a lie...

Also are the Atheists who are also agnostic & leave open that there may, however remote indeed be a divine being any less intelligent or are they "pasters of lies" as opposed to the Anti-theists..... as you describe yourself?

athiest religion?

sounds like an anarchist group.

Some sects of Buddhism are the most obvious example. They don't have a belief in a god.

That's because Buddhism isn't a religion though.

;)

Religion specifically needs god(s) or some form of supernatural force, if sociology taught me anything. Buddhism is founded upon beliefs of a bloke that actually existed and had his own theories about life, and people decided to jump along because it was quite alright.

But aye, a religion pretty much comes in (mono)theistic ways.

Which is why i find the idea of an athiest religion a bit off kilter :?

"...if you believe in it, it is a religion or perhaps 'the' religion;

and if you do not care one way or another about it, it is a sect;

but if you fear and hate it, it is a cult." Leo Pfeffe

Then again I haven't done this shite in about 2 years so I could be talking balls.

that you can't prove doesn't exist,

You can't prove it does exist.

True but then again.... I don't feel the need to go around calling people "uneducated" and "paster of lies" neither, who can't prove it doesn't exist!

When have I "pasted lies" on anything?

Just because I choose to beleive in a Creator that you can't prove doesn't exist, how does that make me "a paster of lies"??!!

I can undermine the "evidence" for existance to the point it is foolish to think otherwise.

You paste lies on things by claiming what was written by people ignorant of what we know today explains the world. To look at the beauty of the universe and go 'Ah, God did that, look this book tells me so' is to paste lies on that beauty to me.

The Bible claims to have a divine author who used men to write his word..You cannot prove that the Bible doesn't indeed have a divine Author...

Well, the people that actually write things tend to be called authors, so it was written by men over a period of hundred of years, has been translated into language upon language, has pieces removed from it and added to it over those years, and claims things that are now patent bollocks.

The Creator names himself YHWH - Jehovah means in Ancient Hebrew - literally "Causes to become" and describes himself as the Alpha & the Omega the beginning and the end. The maker of all things.

I don't see why some imaginary friend being named by people that believe it exists being called 'causes to become' is evidence for anything other nutjobs who could speak Hebrew. It certainly doesn't mean he exists.

Just because you don't agree with that description in no way does that give you the right to say it's a lie! Because in fact you can't prove it is a lie...

I can do what humans do and look at the logical ends of evidence and say yeah, barring miracles, it's a lie. Certainly, lots and lots of the Bible is lies, proven lies. Why believe the rest that has even a modicum of chance of being truthful?

Also are the Atheists who are also agnostic & leave open that there may, however remote indeed be a divine being any less intelligent or are they "pasters of lies" as opposed to the Anti-theists..... as you describe yourself?

No, they don't swallow bollocks, they're obviously intelligent enough. I tend to be an antitheist because, well... it's all bullshit to my mind and I took the step further than just saying 'Nah, I don't believe it, but who knows', into 'This is clearly arse gravy and we're beyond this now, lets rid ourselves of this evil for simple people, and go on and be something better now we know better'.

that you can't prove doesn't exist,

You can't prove it does exist.

True but then again.... I don't feel the need to go around calling people "uneducated" and "paster of lies" neither, who can't prove it doesn't exist!

It's not upto them to prove it doesn't exist.

Otherwise everything you say exists unless proven otherwise. 50ft monkey, 80 stone spider, a gay peice of grass all exist then until proven otherwise.......if you get my point with weird examples.

lets rid ourselves of this evil for simple people

You're saying if I live my life by the New Testament I'm doing evil?

You're admiting such a thing as "evil" exists????

I'm saying that religion is an evil. It encourages idiocy, and fear, controls people, and so on. I'm afraid thats no good thing to my mind.

It is an evil, imo. Evil isn't a religious thing I'm sorry to tell you. It simply means, to me, something particularly abhorrent.

um...the word evil was used long before the bible came into existence, especially by the athiest!! greek philosphers.

He's using it in the sense that its some sort of force behind religion though.

No I'm not.

lets rid ourselves of this evil for simple people

You're saying if I live my life by the New Testament I'm doing evil?

You're admiting such a thing as "evil" exists????

I'm saying that religion is an evil. It encourages idiocy, and fear, controls people, and so on. I'm afraid thats no good thing to my mind.

It is an evil, imo. Evil isn't a religious thing I'm sorry to tell you. It simply means, to me, something particularly abhorrent.

You could say that, or you could also say it encourages love, kindness, regard for others.

What part of the New Testament encourages idiocy (and no, the existance of a god doesnt count), what's wrong with fear? What's wrong with some sort of control?

Everything in the New Testament is there fore our benefit. Some of it people dont like, but its still there for their benefit. Rules need to be in place, fear isnt always a negative emotion.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?

Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?

Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?

Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?

Then why call him God?”

Epicurus.

Aye, well evils a complicated thing.

I can see what he's saying but i disagree, relgion was really just a way to explain life and provide morality to a society which was rather barbaric and simplistic. It became corrupted over time because humans are, well cu*ts, and was used to gain power and control of the masses. No better example of the Catholic Church around the middle ages. I personally just think religion has become out-dated and serves no purpose in todays world, but I don't really like this religious approach to science there is either as it could just be as big a pile of bollocks aswell.

So no, as Plato said there are more ways to do evil than good, and it's really humans fault the worlds the mess it is today. Instead of everyone just accepting eachothers opinions about the world, they went and created huge organisations to opress and kill in order to maintain their own sense of self importance.

Chindie your knowledge of the Bible & what it says shows in your response.

One day soon, we will ALL find out the answers raised in this thread and then maybe they'll

be one or two large slices of Humble Pie to be digested.

Â