Is there intelligent life out there ?

tonyh29

Is there other intelligent life out there ?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Is there other intelligent life out there ?

• Yes - All Hail our new insect overlords
    • No - We are all alone

You see order coming from chaos...I see order by design

A bit like The Don's garden suddenly transfroming itself from presumably a place of spontaneous disorder to a place of harmony and beauty.

One would imagine at some point he'd got his fork dirty!

A bit like The Don's garden suddenly transfroming itself from presumably a place of spontaneous disorder to a place of harmony and beauty.

One would imagine at some point he'd got his fork dirty!

Some people would argue that weeds are beautifull :winkold:

We see reality and the beauty it brings, you see reality and paste lies all over it and call that beauty I would say is more accurate.

It's deeply sad that people are happy to accept ignorance in something so important and vital to the nature of our world.

Has there ever been offered up 100% concrete proof that god doesn't exist ?

Now , one can be fairly sure there isn't a man with a beard living in the clouds but non the less the non-existence of God cannot be proven so why is it ignorance to have a view that he / she /it is real ?

Now , one can be fairly sure there isn't a man with a beard living in the clouds but non the less the non-existence of God cannot be proven so why is it ignorance to have a view that he / she /it is real ?
When that view is at the rejection of concepts that have been proven, it's entirely ignorant.

It's deeply sad that people are happy to accept ignorance in something so important and vital to the nature of our world.

It's not real unless proven.

There's a 18 foot man who lives in the sea but when people go down there, he dissapears so noone ever see's him. He created the world and everything in it and everything is because of him.

Now prove that isn't real.

When that view is at the rejection of concepts that have been proven, it's entirely ignorant.

Give me something and I'll tell you wither or not I reject it. Afaik, ive never flat out rejected anything thats ever ben proven by science.

It ignores the stacks of evidence that suggests it isn't the case.

The idea of 100% certitude in anything isn't possible, but the way we live dictates that we have to take our chances. Crossing a road is a simple example of that. It's never certain you won't get run over but you still cross the road.

I therefore thinks it's fair enough to say anyone happy to look at all the evidence that says God is a fairy story for simple people, and rejects it, despite the evidence using technique, understanding, and knowledge that is used in numerous other fields that allows our world to exist as we know it in the modern age, is ignorant.

Of course you can argue that the unknown in the beginnings of our universe could be called God. I think it's fairly safe to assume that that is, firstly, a sop to religious feeling, and secondly, isn't what the resident Christians are thinking of.

Give me something and I'll tell you wither or not I reject it. Afaik, ive never flat out rejected anything thats ever ben proven by science.

Evolution.

It's not real unless proven.

so in that case before it was proven atoms existed , did they not exist ?

but that doesn't prove he doesn't exist just that he could be a braggart

Cable claimed to have predicted the economic meltdown , subsequent proof that he didn't doesn't mean that Cable doesn't exist

Evolution.

So did current models of cars just pop up from nowhere, or has there been an inteligent proccess of design resulting in the current day cars that's been going on for over 100 years?

There are millions of christians who believe in evolution, I'm one of them.

but that doesn't prove he doesn't exist just that he could be a braggart

Cable claimed to have predicted the economic meltdown , subsequent proof that he didn't doesn't mean that Cable doesn't exist

But the ignorance wasn't about the existence of God or not, but the cause of the beauty of nature. To blindly attribute them to God, when science has explanations for them that have whole bodies of proof behind them, is ignorance.

To say God exists isn't, but when you start filling out his CV with achievements whilst ignoring the scientific proof for why those things exist is extremely ignorant.

Evolution.

So did current models of cars just pop up from nowhere, or has there been an inteligent proccess of design resulting in the current day cars that's been going on for over 100 years?

Who designed God?

Evolution.

Who designed God?

How did life/mass get here?

Evolution.

Who designed God?

I asked first.

But if you must know, the answer is this - I don't know. There is a big experiment undergoing at the LHC to attempt to find that answer but until then. I don't know.

And I will continue to not know. What I won't do is insist that a God done it.

Evolution.

Who designed God?

It's always been there.

Â